I think im getting fired. Although irdc but just wondering

techneque

I go to work everyday im a loader at ups. I go to work, clock, get my scanner and start scanning they say move to this trailer i move to that trailer on a daily basis i get moved 20 times(i counted and did the average) for 5 days. They say lift irregs i do it(by myself) and im 19 i weigh 140 skinny( but i strive to do the best at what i do so i do the job) i even asked for help with irregs from supervisor he said 1 second asked again he said 1 more second. So my adrenaline kicks in and a kid who lifts the bar alone at a gym lifts a 115 lb package all by himself. Then as the day goes by they start observing me(i load under 1000 packages 4 days simply because i go at my own pace i am not a robot I DO NOT GO BY THEIR PACE. They can show me how to load fast all they want my nane isnt jane doe or john doe my name is me doe... So i load at my pace so they observe me to see how i load and constantly annoying me... Those 4 days that i loaded under 1000 the flow was dead for 1.5 hours straight then supervisor had me doing reentry then they complain i load slow and not over 1000?? Friday i loaded 1300 because i was in a trailer without constantly being disturbed. And they give us break 1 hour after we get there by time the 3rd hour comes im dying of hunger THEY SHOULD EXPECT US TO EAT BEFORE WE GET THEIR, give us a 2-3 hour window before break that the next 3hrs we wont die(and we cant work off chips)My questions are

1. Why does ups think we are robots?
2. What can we do about break situation?
3. Can we petition for a longer break so we can actually get food in our system?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A longer break? Shut up....how long have you worked here....ten minutes? I loaded for 9 hours today with 2 five minute smoke breaks and one quick bathroom break. I bring sandwiches, snacks and drinks to consume while I'm working....or I'd go hungry. You show up for work unprepared, move at a snail's pace, and that's anyone's fault but your own? Wah.

mike1646

I don't know how it works in the building but drivers can take their one hour lunch after 4 hours of work, regardless of what management says.

techneque

Lol nice help bleedingbrown and ur loader correct? At my hub second i try to eat a package comes so ur telling me u eat while trucks are backed up and packages coming every second and supervisors keep moving u? Thats impossible go somewhere and u want a cookie u load 9 hours!!! Thats wats wrong with ups u guys think everyone is the same go somewhere YOU AND I ARE NOT THE SAME OTHER PEOPLE AND I ARE NOT THE SAME but thanks for reply

Lol nice help bleedingbrown and ur loader correct? At my hub second i try to eat a package comes so ur telling me u eat while trucks are backed up and packages coming every second and supervisors keep moving u? Thats impossible go somewhere and u want a cookie u load 9 hours!!! Thats wats wrong with ups u guys think everyone is the same go somewhere YOU AND I ARE NOT THE SAME OTHER PEOPLE AND I ARE NOT THE SAME but thanks for reply
Sounds like you need,a hug.

oldngray

nowhere special
resized_winter-is-coming-meme-generator-look-the-hugs-are-coming-20e4c1.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I go to work everyday im a loader at ups. I go to work, clock, get my scanner and start scanning they say move to this trailer i move to that trailer on a daily basis i get moved 20 times(i counted and did the average) for 5 days. They say lift irregs i do it(by myself) and im 19 i weigh 140 skinny( but i strive to do the best at what i do so i do the job) i even asked for help with irregs from supervisor he said 1 second asked again he said 1 more second. So my adrenaline kicks in and a kid who lifts the bar alone at a gym lifts a 115 lb package all by himself. Then as the day goes by they start observing me(i load under 1000 packages 4 days simply because i go at my own pace i am not a robot I DO NOT GO BY THEIR PACE. They can show me how to load fast all they want my nane isnt jane doe or john doe my name is me doe... So i load at my pace so they observe me to see how i load and constantly annoying me... Those 4 days that i loaded under 1000 the flow was dead for 1.5 hours straight then supervisor had me doing reentry then they complain i load slow and not over 1000?? Friday i loaded 1300 because i was in a trailer without constantly being disturbed. And they give us break 1 hour after we get there by time the 3rd hour comes im dying of hunger THEY SHOULD EXPECT US TO EAT BEFORE WE GET THEIR, give us a 2-3 hour window before break that the next 3hrs we wont die(and we cant work off chips)My questions are

3. Can we petition for a longer break so we can actually get food in our system?

btw, if u rly dnt gaf, y r u asking?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know how it works in the building but drivers can take their one hour lunch after 4 hours of work, regardless of what management says.

Break between 1st and 3rd hours.

Lunch between 3rd and 5th hours.

Unless you are Upstate, then you take them when it is most convenient for you.

techneque

I am asking because i just want info on whybut irdc i told them idc if i get fired and im loading at my paste.. And i see but theyre suppose to expect us to eat before we get here so an hor or 2 hour doesnt make sense all im doing is wondering why though

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Is it just me or does anyone else not know what the hell you are talking about?

techneque

I am a part time loader not a driver or pick off AND HOW ABOUT YOU READ TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT OR LOOK AT THE 3 questions to understand

UPS4Life

I am asking because i just want info on whybut irdc i told them idc if i get fired and im loading at my <b>paste..</b> And i see but theyre suppose to expect us to eat before we get here so an hor or 2 hour doesnt make sense all im doing is wondering why though
I'm sorry to be a spelling nozi but can you proof read this really bugs me. As far as your subject goes. Suck it up, ups has been around since 1907 you're not the first to complain, you won't be the last and they won't change it for you

Sent using BrownCafe App