I think i'm getting fired

Jeremaih156

So, I have been a preloaded for 2 days now, and on the first day my pt sup had to help me with my load(well he just took the boxes out of my bin and took them to my truck) and on my second day my sup and another employee had to help me load my truck. I can't quit because I need to pay for school but I really do need help with my pace. Although drivers tell me they appreciate me writing the number on the boxes making it easier for them, I feel like that's really slowing me down. Any tips on how to load faster without having a ton of misloads?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, I have been a preloaded for 2 days now, and on the first day my pt sup had to help me with my load(well he just took the boxes out of my bin and took them to my truck) and on my second day my sup and another employee had to help me load my truck. I can't quit because I need to pay for school but I really do need help with my pace. Although drivers tell me they appreciate me writing the number on the boxes making it easier for them, I feel like that's really slowing me down. Any tips on how to load faster without having a ton of misloads?
Don't start thinking for yourself about what's easier...if your sup said write the numbers on the box....you do what you are told. Focus on getting the right packages in the correct trucks....don't focus on speed.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Don't let this job interfere with your school. You will find a way to make it work financially. Quit if you have to. You are new but you'll catch on quick. They'll let you know when you start causing a problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe in Clarksville/upstate NY but on real routes with real issues having your packages in order with a glance and knowing the pal/hin number those seconds add up

My preloader likes to pull the PAL and stick it to the end of the box. He also needs help wrapping up his cars at driver start time. Maybe if he spent less time pulling the PAL and more time loading he would get his job done in time so I can start mine on time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Writing the numbers on the boxes is a waste of time.
And no its not. I don't peel stickers for the drivers...you do it so you know where exactly on the shelf to place a package in pal order without having to double touch the surrounding packages to recheck the HIN # (which would not be visible). If you ever loaded, you'd know that. Do I tell you how to drive?

Legitimyze

And no its not. I don't peel stickers for the drivers...you do it so you know where exactly on the shelf to place a package in pal order without having to double touch the surrounding packages to recheck the HIN # (which would not be visible). If you ever loaded, you'd know that. Do I tell you how to drive?

Never clipping my finger nails on a Sunday night again, realized that monday morning while peeling the stickers. My finger tips are going to be sore all week.

I thought about wearing gloves while loading but that would make peeling stickers impossible...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Never clipping my finger nails on a Sunday night again, realized that monday morning while peeling the stickers. My finger tips are going to be sore all week.

I thought about wearing gloves while loading but that would make peeling stickers impossible...
Lol....i know exactly what you mean! I did the same thing years ago...never again. Pick a hand that you will peel stickers with...I'm right handed...but I peel with my left index finger. (sidenote: I can visualize certain members reading that last sentence and snickering...lol) I tend to keep that nail a tiny bit longer than the rest of my fingernails. You'll learn. As far as gloves....you can wear them if you want...and cut the fingertips off. I've never worn gloves....just couldnt get used to them...but this winter I may start.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My preloader likes to pull the PAL and stick it to the end of the box. He also needs help wrapping up his cars at driver start time. Maybe if he spent less time pulling the PAL and more time loading he would get his job done in time so I can start mine on time.
I thought Brandon got fired for misloads? Evidently, he can't read or load....don't blame the methods...blame the lack of speed and competence. I can peel and stick in virtually a second.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Lol....i know exactly what you mean! I did the same thing years ago...never again. Pick a hand that you will peel stickers with...I'm right handed...but I peel with my left index finger. (sidenote: I can visualize certain members reading that last sentence and snickering...lol) I tend to keep that nail a tiny bit longer than the rest of my fingernails. You'll learn. As far as gloves....you can wear them if you want...and cut the fingertips off. I've never worn gloves....just couldnt get used to them...but this winter I may start.

*snicker, snicker*

Nostromo

Use a grease pen, I'm sure you can walk and write while finding the correct section/shelf to put it up on.

Sent using Morse code