i think the best thing about package car drivin would be....

City Driver

besides the $5 an hour more then freight drivers make of course

the best thing would be getting a decent amount of exercise through the day

i am a freight driver, and obviously i see drivers who are close to 400 lbs all the time, many are extremely overweight and aint been in shape since there glory days of high school football.....

but out of all the package car drivers i see, i cant remember seeing any that are very out of shape...

many of us at freight, package car and in this industry in general work long hours, get caught up in working and dont find enough time to exercise (not making excuses, im actually in pretty good shape)

but thats because i have a gym membership.....we dont get much exercise through the day:sick:

backinbrown

respect my authority

i am a freight driver, and obviously i see drivers who are close to 400 lbs all the time, many are extremely overweight and aint been in shape since there glory days of high school football.....

but out of all the package car drivers i see, i cant remember seeing any that are very out of shape...

many of us at freight, package car and in this industry in general work long hours, get caught up in working and dont find enough time to exercise (not making excuses, im actually in pretty good shape)

but thats because i have a gym membership.....we dont get much exercise through the day:sick:

Pkg car driver

5'7"

240lbs

short fat and squatty all :censored2: an no body

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

I never needed to have a gym membership, Buster Brown's was my work out facility! I got hot and sweaty, pumped a lot of cardboard, got a lot of cardio too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
6'2" 250lbs. and not exactly in shape.

For me the best part of driving PC, I don't have to look at cubicle walls all day like the poor schleps i deliver to.

helenofcalifornia

The best thing about driving is that management is only really present in your work life for maybe 15 minutes in the morning and that's it. Never see them at night unless there is a problem at the center.

If you have ever seen a UPS driver on disability or comp, they all seem to gain the "disability 25." Pounds, Texas lard that is, California manteca. My doctor says that I should do 30 minutes of cardio each day because driving does not qualify as exercise anymore. She says my body thinks this is normal. humph!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The thing I like the most is being outside.

On the other hand, the thing I like the least is the health issues. Kidney stones (being beat to death in a bad seat, rough roads), sore backs (no lumbar supports in the seat), constant bruises and abrasions. I'm sure there are others.

The thing I like the most is being outside.

On the other hand, the thing I like the least is the health issues. Kidney stones (being beat to death in a bad seat, rough roads), sore backs (no lumbar supports in the seat), constant bruises and abrasions. I'm sure there are others.
If I was going to post on this ^^^^^^^ that's what I would have said.