I took road test in terrible PC & flunked!

Recaps are allowed on package cars. I don't remember the details but I was surprised when I had recaps on my front wheels too.
Remeber when we used to get new package cars. they used to take off all the brand new tires, and put them on the tractors? They cant do that anymore, the newer package cars have smaller tires.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They say they can because the GVW is under 10,000 lbs.
It's an ugly ass recap too.
The recap steers we get are so consistently bad in 225/70R19.5 that I specifically order new tires on my requisitions. They make an otherwise good vehicle nearly undriveable even with the obligatory balancing. Not so much problems with the 245 size for some reason.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
haha, don't be mad ~ be glad he's keeping you busy!

ps: aren't those handles easy to adjust when you just twist them to take up the slack in the cable and/or thinning parking brake shoes?!?

i came upon a similar one a few weeks back...
The handles are completely easy to adjust. The continual adjusting takes away the internal friction that keeps them from turning by themselves.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
With 50+vehicles assigned to me in a 2 man shop, I have plenty to keep busy already without needless and easily avoided destruction. I have to deal with all 100 when my partner goes on vacation, takes a day off, etc. Whenever somebody quits or dies, I have the distinction of the second largest assigned UPS fleet in the world.

rod

Retired 22 years
With 50+vehicles assigned to me in a 2 man shop, I have plenty to keep busy already without needless and easily avoided destruction. I have to deal with all 100 when my partner goes on vacation, takes a day off, etc. Whenever somebody quits or dies, I have the distinction of the second largest assigned UPS fleet in the world.

So did you have a "parts on order--ok to drive" rubber stamp made to save all that hand writing? JK:blushing2: