I"ve earned the right!!!

mitchel

I am a swing driver.(17 years) not a purple suck up. take my hour lunch and dont go to a truck early to sort. i work with a couple of drivers like you..its a large station. in my history its couriers like you that are the problem. If i can do you your route at over 100 percent with little knowledge, no manifest etc. then that says something about you. if you feel like you have to threaten a swing driver before you go on vacation..again, says something about you.

on a side note, last week i hade to go help a one of these couriers..he was an ass, didnt say thank you and gave me all his apt stops. you may have been around for ever and earned your right, but at some point you will need help. treat your co workers with some respect

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am a swing driver.(17 years) not a purple suck up. take my hour lunch and dont go to a truck early to sort. i work with a couple of drivers like you..its a large station. in my history its couriers like you that are the problem. If i can do you your route at over 100 percent with little knowledge, no manifest etc. then that says something about you. if you feel like you have to threaten a swing driver before you go on vacation..again, says something about you.

on a side note, last week i hade to go help a one of these couriers..he was an ass, didnt say thank you and gave me all his apt stops. you may have been around for ever and earned your right, but at some point you will need help. treat your co workers with some respect

You couldn't do my route at over 100%. My fellow co-workers who deserve my respect get it. So do a very few managers I have met during my career. You don't know crap about me or what kind of worker I am, and if I want to have a chat with a Purple Suck-up, I will. I have never nor will ever feel I'm one of the entitled at Fedex, and I would never be a dumper like the person you describe. I would take the crap stops and leave them a baseline like I'm supposed to.

I think you miss the larger point of my posts lately, which is "why do a great job for a company that is going to cut your throat in about 2 months?" You sound like an excellent courier, but how are you going to feel when you're forced to work a big split or have your hours cut to 35 hrs per week? Like a fool, I'm guessing. A lot of us have worked very hard for many years to make FedEx into a success. Fred S is spitting in our faces, and we don't have to like it or accept it without spitting back. Maybe you enjoy being spat upon...I do not.

mitchel

You couldn't do my route at over 100%. My fellow co-workers who deserve my respect get it. So do a very few managers I have met during my career. You don't know crap about me or what kind of worker I am, and if I want to have a chat with a Purple Suck-up, I will. I have never nor will ever feel I'm one of the entitled at Fedex, and I would never be a dumper like the person you describe. I would take the crap stops and leave them a baseline like I'm supposed to.

I think you miss the larger point of my posts lately, which is "why do a great job for a company that is going to cut your throat in about 2 months?" You sound like an excellent courier, but how are you going to feel when you're forced to work a big split or have your hours cut to 35 hrs per week? Like a fool, I'm guessing. A lot of us have worked very hard for many years to make FedEx into a success. Fred S is spitting in our faces, and we don't have to like it or accept it without spitting back. Maybe you enjoy being spat upon...I do not.

Trust me, im not happy with what is going on either. but for right now its my only job, so i do it every day after i clock in. i am in the middle here, not a newbie or a suck up..nor am i a golden employee that is going to be part of any buyout. i am in a more fortunate place than most where if i had to go part time i could. but regardless, i dont respect employees of any amount of years that dont do their jobs and expect everyone else around them to do it. im glad you dont do what i described about the other courier, to me that is just beyond sh++ ty to do to another employee who is only there to help out. like i said i am in the middle here, what is happening is beyond crappy, and it pisses me off. i also know i have no other job options that i can think of. ive worn shorts and delivered a package for 17 years. i dont know what else i could do, so until its gone, im going to clock in and do my job

mitchel

oh and btw, i took a 5.5 hour split last week. so yes i know how it feels, and realize its just the beginning. but what the hell else am i going to do for a job? as long as they are paying my my minimums, i will take the splits. pisses me off, but its still a paycheck

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Says the anonymous tough guy on the internet. If it were that bad and you were that offended, you'd be gone by now... just like you promised.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Says the anonymous tough guy on the internet. If it were that bad and you were that offended, you'd be gone by now... just like you promised.

New strategy? You are pathetic. Divert away from the gigantic splits, slashed hours, and enormous screw job and attack me for criticizing the whole scam.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
New strategy? You are pathetic. Divert away from the gigantic splits, slashed hours, and enormous screw job and attack me for criticizing the whole scam.

It's not every day that a person with your level of intellectual dishonesty complains about fairness, but then that's what a healthy dose of arrogance can do to a guy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not every day that a person with your level of intellectual dishonesty complains about fairness, but then that's what a healthy dose of arrogance can do to a guy.

Intellectual dishonesty? Hardly. Coming on here and pretending to be one of us is dishonesty.