I want a rural route in Missouri, How do I make this happen.

Earthcityhub

First off I have been with UPS for eleven years, and have recently began to drive full time in the STL metro area.
My goal is to get myself into a route somewhere down the I-44 corridor, in rural missouri. How do I put this on the fast track, and tricks or things i could do would be great to know.

UPSGUY72

First off I have been with UPS for eleven years, and have recently began to drive full time in the STL metro area.
My goal is to get myself into a route somewhere down the I-44 corridor, in rural missouri. How do I put this on the fast track, and tricks or things i could do would be great to know.

If your a package car driver the only way your going to get a rural route is if it delivered out of your building or building that fall under your seniority list. Otherwise your SOL...

W

want to retire

11 years? Doing what? This question is unbelievable. Took me 22 years to go to the bottom of the Feeder list!

Cementups

Box Monkey
The only thing wrong with this plan is that someday u will be a senior driver with a fluff route and u will need to watch your back.

I had a pretty nice semi-rural route for 7 years after the previous driver had passed away. No one wanted to even get close to this route. Then we went biannual bids and some guys got an itch. Seems one guy thought the grass was greener. He bumped another driver and then that driver needed a home so he took mine. :( Over a year later and rumor has it that driver 1 is going back to his original route and then driver 2 will go back to his. Then I just have to make the wait back down to my position and see if I can go back home to my old route. It only takes one itch.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Took me 24 years to get my rural "retirement route". Keep telling myself that when I'm driving, I'm not lifting! We bid for life so no one is going to take it away. This whole company is based on seniority so all you have to look forward to is putting in your years.