i want my life back

Raw

Raw Member
I realize that it is my issue and I am probably missing out on some really good information, but I don't read these long non-paragraphed posts.
The same way at work. I get lengthy e-mails and I just delete them.
Can anyone summarize in a few lines what is being stated here?

I could just read it, but that is too much like work.

Thanks!
I think he is saying that he wants to go home earlier so he can be a couch potato?....:dissapointed:

over9five

Staff member
I realize that it is my issue and I am probably missing out on some really good information, but I don't read these long non-paragraphed posts.
The same way at work. I get lengthy e-mails and I just delete them.
Can anyone summarize in a few lines what is being stated here?

I could just read it, but that is too much like work.

Thanks!
Something about submitting more sales leads I think.

Overpaid Union Thug

This thread could serve as a perfect example of what life at UPS is like right now. Someone posts a legitimate point about contract violations and we have a supervisor actually defending said violations with the classic line from "The Unofficial Guide For Management: How To Violate The Contract; How To Justify It." "If you don't like it then quit" has been the line of retreat for sups at UPS, and other companies, every since human beings started working.

upssup

OK, if the union employees would pull their weight, then we would not have to pull it for them. Oil cans and spare keys? No we get to clean up after these "professional drivers". Every day it is either "I am stuck" or "I lost my keys' or "I ran out of oil" pretrip what is that? The drivers think it is all them that make the money for UPS. Give me a break. Every one needs to pull their share or the machine stops!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OK, if the union employees would pull their weight, then we would not have to pull it for them. Oil cans and spare keys? No we get to clean up after these "professional drivers". Every day it is either "I am stuck" or "I lost my keys' or "I ran out of oil" pretrip what is that? The drivers think it is all them that make the money for UPS. Give me a break. Every one needs to pull their share or the machine stops!

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black....................................... you did get one part right. EVERYONE!

local804

I have always said UPS is not A 9 to 5 job period.Yes they do all you say file, and take a lunch .

Thanks captain obvious! Its pretty clear its not a 9 to 5 job but our drivers are pulling in the building @ 8-9pm every damn night!!!! They have air and ground meets to cover package commit times and leave the drivers out to burn. A happy medium needs to be reached!

Overpaid Union Thug

Thanks captain obvious! Its pretty clear its not a 9 to 5 job but our drivers are pulling in the building @ 8-9pm every damn night!!!! They have air and ground meets to cover package commit times and leave the drivers out to burn. A happy medium needs to be reached!

Screw the happy medium. They should just follow the contract that the signed. I say make it like it used to be and take IE completely out of the decision making process and let managers call the shots.

beatupbrown

It is obvious cutting of routes not making comment times is unfortunately not new .When you sign up for A driver you should know that you will be out late. I would file and be ready for possible ride along I did it that way .Take your lunch expect not to be at soccer games and your kid’s activities eating dinner with your family, it is hard.

local804

It is obvious cutting of routes not making comment times is unfortunately not new .When you sign up for A driver you should know that you will be out late..

Oh ok, thanks for your information. When "I signed up" to be a driver 23 years ago I had no kids, wife and no 9:10 start time. The job started at 8 and no way in hell we were out this late.The center team gave a real sh$t about safety and didnt bust balls for the stupidest crap!!!! . Go give that BS when you signed up to be a driver you should know you were going to be out late nonsense to a rookie with 3 years.

whiskey

Each of us is easily replaceable. Our concerns mean little and most certainly will not result in UPS changing any conditions.
Once I asked my center manager if I might take an extra week off to help my wife with a newborn, and he said "Take as long as you want, any monkey could do your job".

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Once I asked my center manager if I might take an extra week off to help my wife with a newborn, and he said "Take as long as you want, any monkey could do your job".
yep . . . . . I heard the same monkey reference years ago and new at that point I had to put the package car out to pasture. The bottom line is - if you choose to drive a package car, your life becomes said package car. period.

local804

Quite a few times this year I would pick up the phone and call in sick :(
My center manager told me he really needed me and they were short drivers. Its funny how under different circumstances we get different answers from the same people.