I want this guy's route! Must See

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Came across this today, thought we could use a laugh.

download.jpg

JL 0513

Haha

Is that actually an early UPS model? Looks like it could be. Must be as crude as hell.

Clever use of the ice cream cone. :biggrin:

oldngray

nowhere special
I was thinking a 400. There were so many different looking ones but they were all oddball junk. Is that an International?

oldupsman

I was thinking a 400. There were so many different looking ones but they were all oddball junk. Is that an International?

That would be my guess. The old 400 Internationals all had that square shape. The Chevy 400's had
that bullet shape to them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I remember reading/being told that UPS trashes all of their worn out package cars to avoid "damage to the brand." I'm guessing that's just an ice cream truck painted to look like a package car, but I might be wrong.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS always scraps old package cars because of liability issues but similar vehicles can still be obtained in other ways. It just won't be a real ex UPS package car.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS always scraps old package cars because of liability issues but similar vehicles can still be obtained in other ways. It just won't be a real ex UPS package car.
If you knew the right people I think u could get your hands on one. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance I could get one. It would be stripped and reprinted though.

Only thing I'm not sure on is if ups follows up checking VIN numbers to see if they were indeed destroyed.

PT Car Washer

The hub I work at has a scrapyard a couple blocks away. The shop paints the truck number in 2 foot tall figures on all sides. Tows the truck to the scrapyard and photograph the truck at the yard. At one time there was a couple scrapped UPS and FedEx trucks sitting on top of a big pile of scrap metal.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The hub I work at has a scrapyard a couple blocks away. The shop paints the truck number in 2 foot tall figures on all sides. Tows the truck to the scrapyard and photograph the truck at the yard. At one time there was a couple scrapped UPS and FedEx trucks sitting on top of a big pile of scrap metal.
I'm sure it's different everywhere. There's a place that strips and scraps them close to here but it's in a town of 800. Not that I'd ever want one. I know the hell these things go through.

Cementups

Box Monkey

That wasn't always practice though. They may get to a junkyard but that doesn't stop the junkyard from reselling the body/chassis and someone putting a new motor in it. I've seen it done at a local yard here.