I want to become a PT supervisor(Yes I said it)

First off why do you care how hard anyone else works if all you really care about is yourself. Those guys with 5 weeks vacation have at least 8 to 10 years and were paying their dues when you were still crapping your pants and popping zits. Go be a part time puke and change the world. Usually these little turds go into part time supervision because they are lazy and you sound the part. You've been here like a year and you think since you are faster as a 20 year old punk that someone with 17 years that loaded for 6 to 10 should go back into the load because you are some kind of superstar. Get over yourself.

anonymous you obviously have a lot of years under your belt but I think your aggressive approach to advice isn't helping anyone. He's a young man with a lot of ambition, I'm sure you can recall a similar bright eyed individual. Anyone that loads a 600 pph isn't lazy and just because he's frustrated with the system doesn't mean he's a punk. I'm not sure how many different kinds of jobs you've had but most of them typically reward the person who performs the best, and ruthlessly disregard those who have "payed their dues" once they are unable to compete. Union jobs are completely counter logic to most of the jobs available to uneducated youth. That being said he's clearly not established himself as a "lifer" and is temporarily using UPS to pay his bills. PT Supervision isn't for the lazy, and isn't for the lifer, it's for the in between that need a better solution than 4 years of seniority to pick-off. Perhaps instead of pushing him away with a response you could instead try and guide him to the best of your ability. This thread was intended for advice, if you didn't have any useful advice/information I'm sure you could have taken the leisure route and just kept on scrolling through the forums.

anonymous you obviously have a lot of years under your belt but I think your aggressive approach to advice isn't helping anyone. He's a young man with a lot of ambition, I'm sure you can recall a similar bright eyed individual. Anyone that loads a 600 pph isn't lazy and just because he's frustrated with the system doesn't mean he's a punk. I'm not sure how many different kinds of jobs you've had but most of them typically reward the person who performs the best, and ruthlessly disregard those who have "payed their dues" once they are unable to compete. Union jobs are completely counter logic to most of the jobs available to uneducated youth. That being said he's clearly not established himself as a "lifer" and is temporarily using UPS to pay his bills. PT Supervision isn't for the lazy, and isn't for the lifer, it's for the in between that need a better solution than 4 years of seniority to pick-off. Perhaps instead of pushing him away with a response you could instead try and guide him to the best of your ability. This thread was intended for advice, if you didn't have any useful advice/information I'm sure you could have taken the leisure route and just kept on scrolling through the forums.
No offense but part time sup is for these younger generation of lazy worker. I've watched it for years. I've also watched countless drivers who couldn't do the job or got it a lot of accidents go into management. I've seen some who were told flat out either go into management or we are going to get rid of you. The union protects older workers who can't perform and rewards them through senority and management is the plan for the lazy who can't do the job or don't want to wait.

Ps I've done every job in the hub and preload plus air driver before I became a full time package car driver. The only thing I haven't done is feeders and management. I've spent enough time in hearings and watching what they do to not know what I'm talking about.

Gazelle

Race me!
The union protects older workers who can't perform and rewards them through senority and management is the plan for the lazy who can't do the job or don't want to wait.

I became a PT sup for my resume. Some of us don't care to wait 15 years for a full time job (that is the wait time in my building). I am not lazy or uncapable, I just don't see UPS as a career for me union or management.

blkmamba

No offense but part time sup is for these younger generation of lazy worker. I've watched it for years. I've also watched countless drivers who couldn't do the job or got it a lot of accidents go into management. I've seen some who were told flat out either go into management or we are going to get rid of you. The union protects older workers who can't perform and rewards them through senority and management is the plan for the lazy who can't do the job or don't want to wait.

Ps I've done every job in the hub and preload plus air driver before I became a full time package car driver. The only thing I haven't done is feeders and management. I've spent enough time in hearings and watching what they do to not know what I'm talking about.

The best is when the laziest loader become a part-time sup and is the biggest dick. I saw it all the time as a part-time sup. People who were lazy would get promoted and then scream at those who were much harder workers than they had ever been.

Daalcaar

Unless you work at an air gateway, you have a contractual right to 3.5 hours/day. You simply have to demand it.

What exactly does air gateway mean? I work at an air hub and I am only entitled to 3 hours a night, while there are other sorts in my same building that are entitled to 3.5.

Boysie8706

I've been a PT sup for seven years. Its the biggest mistake ice made working for the company. There's no advancement once you are a pt supervisor. Stay hourly and look out for the bid sheets.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What exactly does air gateway mean? I work at an air hub and I am only entitled to 3 hours a night, while there are other sorts in my same building that are entitled to 3.5.

Air gateways and/or hubs were being used interchangeably in my post. Most PT'ers assigned to an air operation only receive a 3 hour/day guarantee (this usually depends on the individual rider/supplement) while PT'ers in other operations are typically guaranteed 3.5 hours/day.

Future

Victory Ride
I've been a PT sup for seven years. Its the biggest mistake ice made working for the company. There's no advancement once you are a pt supervisor. Stay hourly and look out for the bid sheets.
Thats why you havent gotten promoted!! You are to busy making ice! Leave the water alone and worry about the packages silly!

Daalcaar

Air gateways and/or hubs were being used interchangeably in my post. Most PT'ers assigned to an air operation only receive a 3 hour/day guarantee (this usually depends on the individual rider/supplement) while PT'ers in other operations are typically guaranteed 3.5 hours/day.

O ok. Thanks for the clarification.