i want to go drive fulltime management says no

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
really? u think i would when the union isnt helping my agent is as clueless as i am about what actions to be taken he cant fight he got chewed up in the meeting about me with the management i never herd of anyone taking legal action i dont know that i have the balls to do that or if its a smart idea
Tell them if they cant resolve the matter youll have to get a lawyer involved, call their bluff. That's the last thing they want is a lawyer involved in the whole deal. Freak them you have to look out for yourself 1st and foremost. Honestly its just a matter of time before everything hits the fan and a super major lawsuit from somewhere comes rolling down the pipeline. Tensions are at an all time high nowadays and drivers are getting sick of it. Just watch eventually itll go down, something will happen. We had a driver straight up tell the supe, if he harassed him about the numbers he was going to sue him lol.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
local 804 i did call the agent they had a sit down with management and after the sit down i had to wait outside by the way but after the sit down the agent said maybe u should try another building thats all he told me. he is not good at fighting with management because i have the right of way and still i cant get a second shot at it even after the agent has a sit down with management
Local 804. Where all the entertainment originates.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
So basically everyone here says he is a liar and we have learned his local is in bed with his management. As usual this forum offers no answers

123brown

im not a liar i tried out worked 39 days out of 40 reason they said because i wasn't taking a lunch brake true story. on top of that they gave me more work then i was supposed to get and i didn't complain if i did i would have been out the door before day 39 . i know i was good im not bragging i wasn't the mvp but i was getting it done i would ask the other drivers they would tell me based on my numbers and the route i had . i tried going a year later they said no we don't need you yet they were giving guys with less or no seniority from the street a shot.

newfie

im not a liar i tried out worked 39 days out of 40 reason they said because i wasn't taking a lunch brake true story. on top of that they gave me more work then i was supposed to get and i didn't complain if i did i would have been out the door before day 39 . i know i was good im not bragging i wasn't the mvp but i was getting it done i would ask the other drivers they would tell me based on my numbers and the route i had . i tried going a year later they said no we don't need you yet they were giving guys with less or no seniority from the street a shot.

you're slowly working you way to the complete story. This is an improvement.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Btw,, management/corporates ultimate goal is for everyone to skip lunch, this had nothing to do with you being disqualified .

Re-Raise

i know i was good im not bragging i wasn't the mvp but i was getting it done i would ask the other drivers they would tell me based on my numbers and the route i had .
Did you ever see an operations report which told whether or not you ran the route under the time allowance? We had guys last peak running a 5 hr dispatch in 10 hours.

upsgrunt

Did you ever see an operations report which told whether or not you ran the route under the time allowance? We had guys last peak running a 5 hr dispatch in 10 hours.

I think we had those same guys!
They would get sent help at 6:00, someone would show up, and they would have 60 stops off.

9.5 everyday

you must have been halfway competent at the job if you lasted 39 days. if i were you i would get all my facts together and call union hall to find out about your rights. don't quote me on this but after a year you can give it another shot. you should be able to get in this peak.
*You, *If, *I, *I, Don't, *You.

9.5 everyday

I'm baffled. How could you talk to so many people, file so many grievances, and yet there's nothing to show for it? When we file a grievance at my building, it's heard within a week usually. I think this post should be renamed UPSgate.