I want to sell my stock, need help...

Pentel

So i've done my taxes and owe a good bit of money. I have about 30 shares, but trying to sell them is very confusing to me.

Is this something my HR person should be able to help with or do for me?

I have Form 2011 (request for conversion of class a stock to class b stock, and transfer of ownership) but i really don't understand receipt/certificate numbers, shares to be transferred and the mellon site is horrible.

I am in my mid 20's and simply don't have any stock experience

Dont sell it. Wait a little while longer before you file and save your money. Unless you owe a lot of money I would try to tough it out and hold onto your stock.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where has UpState been?
He's usually all over posts like this.
Is he coming up on a milestone post again?
Preparing his 12,000th post/dissertation?
I'm a bit worried.

Re-Raise

You may have trouble selling them unless you have held them over 2 years if you purchased them through the DESP. I believe you have to have them that long now before they become 'available shares'. On the mellon site go to Equity holdings and press details on the gold bar. If you have any available shares 'sell shares' will be an option on the left.

The trading window opened up last Wednesday Feb 2nd after the fourth qaurter earnings came out. Our center was closed and I was home and sold 500 shares because I was bored. I feel the current price may be as good as we hit for a while and I won't have to pay the taxes on the profit for a year.

Pentel

You may have trouble selling them unless you have held them over 2 years if you purchased them through the DESP. I believe you have to have them that long now before they become 'available shares'. On the mellon site go to Equity holdings and press details on the gold bar. If you have any available shares 'sell shares' will be an option on the left.

The trading window opened up last Wednesday Feb 2nd after the fourth qaurter earnings came out. Our center was closed and I was home and sold 500 shares because I was bored. I feel the current price may be as good as we hit for a while and I won't have to pay the taxes on the profit for a year.

where do you see equity holdings?

I know i've had part of it for 2 years maybe not all my shares were bought in the past 2 years. I was considering selling them about 8 months ago and had some available when i talked to a mellon employee.

Is it really that easy as clicking sell shares on their site?

I was sent that Form 2011 to fill out

Pentel

ive already made up my mind i'm in a position to use my stock money as a necessity

i'm just unsure of how to go about doing it, the website doesn't have hardly anything on it for me other than changing how much i want deducted from my check.

Is this something HR handles>?

Talking directly with a Mellon representative is the hard way to sell. They'll send you the form you mentioned, you'll have to fill in all the certificate numbers for each purchase you made, yada yada yada. The easiest way to sell your shares is to do so on the website. Once you're logged onto your account, you can view all your available shares to sell and also all your restricted shares that cannot be sold yet. You can then enter in your bank account info, if you haven't already. Then you can sell some or all available shares. The proceeds of your sale will be automatically deposited in your bank account in about 3-4 days. I did it recently and it took me all of 5 minutes to complete.

Re-Raise

Talking directly with a Mellon representative is the hard way to sell. They'll send you the form you mentioned, you'll have to fill in all the certificate numbers for each purchase you made, yada yada yada. The easiest way to sell your shares is to do so on the website. Once you're logged onto your account, you can view all your available shares to sell and also all your restricted shares that cannot be sold yet. You can then enter in your bank account info, if you haven't already. Then you can sell some or all available shares. The proceeds of your sale will be automatically deposited in your bank account in about 3-4 days. I did it recently and it took me all of 5 minutes to complete.

I sold some of my shares on the website last Wednesday and the proceeds were deposited into my account today. I don't know why some people are having so much trouble with the Mellon website.

And yes Pentel that is the same site I log into.

What can you do on the site? When you log in what does it say about your shares?

browndevil

So i've done my taxes and owe a good bit of money. I have about 30 shares, but trying to sell them is very confusing to me.

Is this something my HR person should be able to help with or do for me?

I have Form 2011 (request for conversion of class a stock to class b stock, and transfer of ownership) but i really don't understand receipt/certificate numbers, shares to be transferred and the mellon site is horrible.

I am in my mid 20's and simply don't have any stock experience

I am fairly certain you can only sell shares in 100 increments. You said you only have 30. Also you need to have held those 100 shares for two years

robot

Has A Large Member
Yes I believe you can only sell in increments of 100. If you have less you have to fill out some paperwork and mail it back to them to be able to sell those shares.

Re-Raise

Yes I believe you can only sell in increments of 100. If you have less you have to fill out some paperwork and mail it back to them to be able to sell those shares.

It doesn't have to be in increments of 100, but you may be right that you have to have at least 100 to sell. I have sold odd amounts over the years.

bumped

I just sold some under 100 shares no problem on the website. It took 6 days for the money to be deposited in my account.

Pentel

the website has none of that stuff for me....

last time i spoke with mellon when i was going to sell before they sent that form for me to fill out which i don't understand, and she told me the amount i had available to share so the 100 increments thing is not true....or maybe once you have 100 shares u can use their website more easily?

When i login its to the equity access site, has two tabs "my accounts" and "my portal profile"

in the middle of the page it says employee stock purchase details and then my account #

when i click details there is an announcement that says "If your UPS Employee Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan brochure states that you can only enroll or change your payroll deduction amount through your local HR representative, that information is not available through this system. In addition, any changes you wish to make must be made through your local HR representative.

Please contact your local HR representative if you have any questions. "

BrownTie

Better to call Melon, make sure you have your account number ready. Should be on your statement. HR will just tell you the same, call Melon.

tim100

i am pretty sure the sell tab on mellons site is only active when the market is open ( 930am-4pm eastern) and unless they changed it, you have to sell a minimum of 100 shares, or close the account. I am going to sell 400 shares here shortly but analysts say a target price of 85-90 so I am going to wait until the second week of march and see what happens, i could make an extra 2k, thats what i'm talking about

Pentel

i logged on b/t 9-4 and nothing changed...i can't sell online

hopefully the mellon people will walk me through this form b/c i don't even have access to the receipt and certificates and all those things asked for on the form