I Was discharged this morning help

Random_Facts

San Bruno Hub, haha. A couple of our supervisors/pre load manager got transferred out there. It would be a little ironic if that supervisor who was giving you the hard time, is the same one that gave everyone at our hub a hard time about everything. They'll get you back in the building in no time. Best of luck either way!

OntCombo63

Goodluck keep in contact regularly with your BA. Too many lose their jobs by not being on top of their own situations, remember if you don't care why should the BA. You could go for back pay if you want to push the issue further but expect to be a target for a while when you're back. Also in the future when it comes to pay issues make sure to stand up for yourself pushoverss will always be the first they mess with.

turdbrown

no mgmt. person has the right to talk down to you at any time. This seems like a common practice at ups. As soon as a situation begins to get out of control, walk away and find a steward. Inform them of the situation and gather anyone who witnessed the act so they can help with the details of what took place. Mgmt. is never suppose to talk to you or discipline you without a union rep. present, ever. Don't be so passive. They are not your friends. Do your job. Be on time. Learn your rights. Talk to your coworkers to help inform you of your rights. If they are violated, file a grievance right away. Sounds like that new sup was trying to make a name for himself.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mgmt. is never suppose to talk to you or discipline you without a union rep. present, ever. Don't be so passive. They are not your friends.

So I should ignore my sup's greeting of "good morning" until I have a steward with me? LOL

One of my on cars is more of a friend than a boss, outside of work. On a weird note, I actually get more favors from other sup's before him. lol

Dragon

Package Center Manager
no mgmt. person has the right to talk down to you at any time. This seems like a common practice at ups. As soon as a situation begins to get out of control, walk away and find a steward. Inform them of the situation and gather anyone who witnessed the act so they can help with the details of what took place. Mgmt. is never suppose to talk to you or discipline you without a union rep. present, ever. Don't be so passive. They are not your friends. Do your job. Be on time. Learn your rights. Talk to your coworkers to help inform you of your rights. If they are violated, file a grievance right away. Sounds like that new sup was trying to make a name for himself.

and no hourly has a right to talk down to a management person, we are not your employee..its the other way around.

That's a common practice...in any business.

I agree with this statement for the most part: Do your job. Be on time. Learn your rights.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I should ignore my sup's greeting of "good morning" until I have a steward with me? LOL

One of my on cars is more of a friend than a boss, outside of work. On a weird note, I actually get more favors from other sup's before him. lol
CMs rarely say "Good Morning" unless they want to follow it up with something work related..,..to which I have uttered the phrase "I'm not on the clock yet." and walked away....lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A
Can we make fun of you?
Just a little bit? :bow:
2014-07-16-13-18-23--662000833.jpeg

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
and no hourly has a right to talk down to a management person, we are not your employee..its the other way around.

That's a common practice...in any business.

I agree with this statement for the most part: Do your job. Be on time. Learn your rights.....

I will agree with you that union employees don't have the right to talk down to a sup, but if i come to you with a problem, and you dismiss it and become condescending, then I WILL raise my voice.

You may be my boss, but I am NOT a child. If you want me to speak civilly to you, then that is how you need to speak to me

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Mgmt. is never suppose to talk to you or discipline you without a union rep. present, ever.
I'll just interject that it is your right by law to have representation present if there is any way the talk will result in discipline (Weingarten rights) however they don't have to offer you a steward every time they talk to you so be proactive and ask for one. If the sup declines, ask if they will give you witten guarantee no discipline can come from the talk. If they decline, state you are again requesting a steward pursuant to your Weingarten rights. If management doesn't immediately comply, leave the area immediately and notify your business agent requesting a charge be filed with the NLRB.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I will agree with you that union employees don't have the right to talk down to a sup, but if i come to you with a problem, and you dismiss it and become condescending, then I WILL raise my voice.
And you'll be giving them grounds to terminate for workplace violence. Shouting can be considered assault (placing someone in fear) and I've seen 3 guys fired for it that the union couldn't get back. The only exception is stewards. Stewards may raise their voice and swear within reason while acting on behalf of members and are protected.

Sent using BrownCafe App