I was just hired today-help me

bste11

King of UPS
I was hired as a seasonal driver helper today, and on the little questionnaire it asked if i would also be interested in being a preload helper. i checked yes just because i figured it would make me look better....well, they asked me to also start doing that in addition to the drivers helper position. I don't really want to get to UPS at 3:30am, work preload for 5 hours or whatever and then do drivers helper....that is a lot of work for one day, im scrawny. my questions are.....

1. Will my manager or whatever look down on me if I tell him I can't handle both? I'm going in tonight at 3:30 to try it out, but it seems a bit much to me.

2. What exactly is pre-load? is it just loading/unloading? I have heard unloading is not bad.

Thank you for any and all insight. Thanks.

I was hired as a seasonal driver helper today, and on the little questionnaire it asked if i would also be interested in being a preload helper. i checked yes just because i figured it would make me look better....well, they asked me to also start doing that in addition to the drivers helper position. I don't really want to get to UPS at 3:30am, work preload for 5 hours or whatever and then do drivers helper....that is a lot of work for one day, im scrawny. my questions are.....

1. Will my manager or whatever look down on me if I tell him I can't handle both? I'm going in tonight at 3:30 to try it out, but it seems a bit much to me.

2. What exactly is pre-load? is it just loading/unloading? I have heard unloading is not bad.

Thank you for any and all insight. Thanks.

drewed

Shankman
You should never agree to something to look good, thats how you end up with your boxers around your ankles screaming youre my dadddy.....aha

bste11

King of UPS
thanks for the responses...UpstateUpser, that is basically my point of view too...its almost over, may as well make as much money as I can.

BrownSuit

thanks for the responses...UpstateUpser, that is basically my point of view too...its almost over, may as well make as much money as I can.

Not only that, but you have a higher chance of staying on after peak (if there aren't any layoffs at your center) by learning multiple jobs.

rod

Retired 22 years
great way to make some extra coin-prepare to be run ragged but you will look back after Christmas and smile (if you still have the energy to):peaceful:

barnyard

KTM rider
So, you're too stupid to put the truth on a form, then want to know, from us, how to worm your way out of it????

You made your bed....

TB

cwmaxxout

Driver helper will be a very full plate for you physically, so will pre-load. You will be laid off anyway Dec. 24-26. It will be up to HR. Jan or Feb 09 how many will return. Do one an do it well so GOOD LUCK! Welcome aboard MAXXOUT!!!!!!!!!

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
you work in Florida? You know anything about Atlanta UPS?

i really don't understand your attitude. you come on the boards/forum here; asking questions about how to get out of a job you said you wanted. knocking aspects of the job that are peoples livelihoods. you say that you checked the box that you would do a pre-load gig as well as driver helper. but, you really don't want to do pre load, you ust wanted to make yourself look better.

you were just hired yet you come in here with a cockey attitude about being the "King of UPS" and that you are the best etc. i really don't understand you angle or what you are looking for here.

UPS'er are a family. some have worked for the company 35 years. Probably longer then you have been alive. most people at UPS have been their for the long haul, it is a carear. but you have been mocking what we as a whole do.

i think you may find it easier at the job if you weren't like you are here, there. you seemingly have put yourself on a pedestal after a week of employment at UPS. i wish i knew why.

we will all be happy to help and answer questions. but please, respect the people here, respect the jobs that are represented here.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
C'mon, King...... How can you be our ruler when you've already admitted to being to scrawny to handle the job. As far as lying to make it look good, maybe you can be king of the supervisors!

barnyard

KTM rider
Let's see, troller that asks a really stupid question, then follows it up with know it all statements. Sounds like another bbag fake noob.

To the ignore list with you.

TB