I was nearly the victim of a scam..

eds

sorry for the shameless bump but i am in the midst of this and i really need help. i am scheduled to talk to her later today and i need to know what to do....

the lady sounded legit until she gave me an invalid account number (could have been a typo)

i really need a job where i can work from home doing something online, and i really need the money, but i am glad i did some research and i hope everyone can give me some insight to this. thanks in advance and sorry in advance (shameless bump)

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
sorry for the shameless bump but i am in the midst of this and i really need help. i am scheduled to talk to her later today and i need to know what to do.....

the lady sounded legit until she gave me an invalid account number (could have been a typo)

i really need a job where i can work from home doing something online, and i really need the money, but i am glad i did some research and i hope everyone can give me some insight to this. thanks in advance and sorry in advance (shameless bump)

No, it wasn't a typo. It IS a scam.

whoa! state attorney? wont that cost me money to sit there and explain all this to him?

The only attorney that will cost you money, is the defense attorney you'll have to hire if you get involved in this. You obviously already know in your heart that this is too good to be true. Walk away as quickly as you can.

Good Luck

P

pickup

No, it wasn't a typo. It IS a scam.

The only attorney that will cost you money, is the defense attorney you'll have to hire if you get involved in this. You obviously already know in your heart that this is too good to be true. Walk away as quickly as you can.

Good Luck

and keep the printer. and post on the same board she did and tell others about this. I saw a similar ad on craigslist and on conjunction with what I learned with nda scams, sounds like that this goes on a lot.

THINK about this EDS...if she were on the up and up, why wouldn't she employee one of her friends instead of a stranger on the internet.
Yes, I would call the State Attorney's office and report all of this ASAP. They may even want to proceed with trying to find her for prosecution purposes.

eds

and keep the printer. and post on the same board she did and tell others about this. I saw a similar ad on craigslist and on conjunction with what I learned with nda scams, sounds like that this goes on a lot.

well, someone told me i shouldn't keep the printer because if she gets mad and tries to get it back, i wouldnt know what to do. she never said it was a gift nor did she say i had to return it when the work is done.

thanks everyone for such fast replies.
turns out that a UPS supervisor wants me to proceed with caution, apparently they want to prosecute if i can get them enough information

tieguy

Banned
well, someone told me i shouldn't keep the printer because if she gets mad and tries to get it back, i wouldnt know what to do. she never said it was a gift nor did she say i had to return it when the work is done.

thanks everyone for such fast replies.
turns out that a UPS supervisor wants me to proceed with caution, apparently they want to prosecute if i can get them enough information

what you're discussing here is a federal offense that should probably involve the fbi at the least and possible the treasury department. The printer would be evidence and the shipment of it would leave a trail back to the person running this scam. You need to contact the authorities.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tie and everyone else is right. I would start with you local Atty Gen office and they can direct you to any agency that may need to be invovled.