I was sitting at home waiting for a package...

UPSBluRdg03

I always try to make sure whatever I order is coming UPS. Never refused anything that came Fed Ex but maybe I should start. Wouldnt be home anyway when they come so dont think it would work. Keep your fellow drivers working by providing them with stops, only order from company that ship via UPS! I ordered my Mom a windchime last week for her birthday and selected "3 Day Select" service. To my suprise I come home one evening and find it in a Fed Ex Express box at my door so alot of times its hard to tell who is gonna bring it till it actually arrives.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The majority of the stuff I order comes UPS. If I have a choice I will choose UPS. If I don't have a choice then it goes by whatever means the shipper uses. Fedex or Postal. I always ship UPS even though it is more expensive. The odds of getting money back is fair. I've shipped a Next Day and it was lost. $$. I've shipped a 3-day and it was sorted to the wrong hub. $$. I shipped one through one of our contracted shippers and she didn't even charge me. :happy2:

djkre8r

Don't you hate it when you specify UPS and it gets missorted at a hub? I work preload so all my packages are held at our center (less risk of me missloading my own pkg to the wrong truck). LOL

I want a Keurig but can't see where it is worth the extra money. IS IT WORTH the extra money and if so where can you get the coffee cheap? I will check out the link above.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Don't you hate it when you specify UPS and it gets missorted at a hub? I work preload so all my packages are held at our center (less risk of me missloading my own pkg to the wrong truck). LOL

I want a Keurig but can't see where it is worth the extra money. IS IT WORTH the extra money and if so where can you get the coffee cheap? I will check out the link above.

Up here, a coffee runs you anywhere from $1 to $3 at the chains and even the local coffee shops. The Keurig one cups run somewhere around $.50 a cup. For instance, I bought this order of 96 cups for $52 (shipping included, it was actually around $45)

If you and the household are a regular coffee drinkers it's worth it, in the long run, for certain.

WHere to buy the coffee cheap - most prices again are very close to .50 a cup, even in the grocery stores.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not trying to be cheap, but......We find most K-cups to be very strong, so we put a teapot under the Keurig and double brew on one K-cup....like Nantucket medium. We get 2 mugs of coffee for $.50. We like weaker coffee than most folks.

We have an oblong tea pot......rounds ones don't fit right.

Kae3106

I was sitting home waiting for a package all day once. No one ever knocked on my door. When I checked the tracking number, it showed that it had been delivered a few hours earlier.....to the apartment complex office! The FedEx ground driver couldn't be bothered to drive to the actual apartments and just dumped all of his packages at the office each day to save himself time.

The one and only time DHL delivered something to my apartment, the driver threw the (breakable) item onto my balcony where it was damaged in the rain because I had no idea it was out there for two days!

The UPS drivers are the only ones who actually make an effort to come to the apartment door to see if I'm home (I get home before the delivery attempt about half of the time) and leave an info notice if I'm not there.

SoyFish

Yeah I'll definitely try & order from places that ship UPS...but if it can't then oh well...I'll just have to deal with it...even more important I try & avoid paying shipping costs all together...Free Shipping = best idea ever.

happybob

Feeders
Sounds like the FedEx Ground driver that delivers to me. Only mine is a grubby guy with a POS truck you can hear a mile away. But in his defense he is funny as all get out and has a few seconds to shoot the bull with his customers (even though he has LOTS of stops left)-- unlike the hit and run UPS guy that flys by my house in his unwashed truck without a second to spare.
And that my friend is why we get payed better and have better benefits. We are not payed to stop and shoot the ****, we are paid to deliver as many stops and parcels as possible and get the hell off the clock. Not saying this wins browny points with the customers, but it does afford the company the ability to pay us better then those chatterboxs from Fedex.