I was termed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Its might not be clear. I didn't do a hidden recording. I was called into the conference room with, hub manager, some guy I don't really know who he was, security and steward. I took out my recording device and placed it on the table. They did not review a no recording policy like they did the anti harassment policy. They did not ask me to stop or put it away, so I feel like it was implicitly allowed. Now I guess that steward has his own policy.

OK.

Different scenario.

They knew you were recording it and allowed you to continue.

I don't know why they continued while you recorded it, but you are fine on this issue.

You still have a chance of coming back. If you do, you need to keep your racist comments.to yourself, or you will be out the door the next time for good.

clean hairy

He tried to help you and you basically told him to screw off. The only agenda getting in the way of the whole situation is yours.

I seriously can't believe you wouldn't listen to someone who could help you get your job back. You're either ignorant, stupid, or both.
I vote for both!

Ashell

I don't want to get into the "I'm not a racist..." I was asked a race related question, and my answer involved race, that person was offended. That can be racial harassment. His reaction was to punch the bin. That is threatening. He won't be termed because his mom is a fulltime sup at the hub. I was originally sat down and reviewed the harassment police because something to do with a doll that someone felt was a threat of violence. I have worked with a lot of different people over 9 years. He is the one that put race on the table.

And if you notice the hub manager was trying to make my "first they take our job, then they take out bags" comment and lead me to say it was about race, by eventually saying immigrants. Its friend'ing parody of ignorant southern people. Because it involves race, its racist I guess. And damn, girl took every last one of our bags with out asking. We could have shared some, but she took them all. That's really rude. I still think its funny though. Last weekend I was working with a shift and the guys were talking about that south park episode. Pretty sure they didn't get reviewed the harassment policy.

Honestly I welcome the chance to move away from the damn Baptists that harass me. This crap is all just 2 cor 10:5. It would have been nice to just transfer to a less religiously fascist area. they would be rid of me, and everyone would be harassment free. They want to do gods work though, bullying.

And another damn thing. The guy next to me upstairs has been wearing big Johnson shirts for the last 2 weeks. Those are crass innuendo. No one has told him to stop.

Octave

tumblr_nz3ylvDuWw1rlpicfo1_400.gif

542thruNthru

I don't want to get into the "I'm not a racist..." I was asked a race related question, and my answer involved race, that person was offended. That can be racial harassment. His reaction was to punch the bin. That is threatening. He won't be termed because his mom is a fulltime sup at the hub. I was originally sat down and reviewed the harassment police because something to do with a doll that someone felt was a threat of violence. I have worked with a lot of different people over 9 years. He is the one that put race on the table.

And if you notice the hub manager was trying to make my "first they take our job, then they take out bags" comment and lead me to say it was about race, by eventually saying immigrants. Its friend'ing parody of ignorant southern people. Because it involves race, its racist I guess. And damn, girl took every last one of our bags with out asking. We could have shared some, but she took them all. That's really rude. I still think its funny though. Last weekend I was working with a shift and the guys were talking about that south park episode. Pretty sure they didn't get reviewed the harassment policy.

Honestly I welcome the chance to move away from the damn Baptists that harass me. This crap is all just 2 cor 10:5. It would have been nice to just transfer to a less religiously fascist area. they would be rid of me, and everyone would be harassment free. They want to do gods work though, bullying.

And another damn thing. The guy next to me upstairs has been wearing big Johnson shirts for the last 2 weeks. Those are crass innuendo. No one has told him to stop.

Keep trying to defend what you said or did in here if you want. You had the chance to explain yourself in the meeting. You acted like a fool because you know what you said was wrong and you couldn't make something up fast enough to put a different spin on it.

I mean come on! From what I gathered from the recording you made a comment (possibly written) about having a management doll that you stab to release stress. Seriously at what company do you think this is going to be ok? Also don't give me the excuse of "if they don't wanna know what I do on my free time don't ask" how about just don't answer or fill out the paper.

TheFigurehead

Well, fortunately for everyone who had to work with you, you are no longer employed by UPS, so none of that matters now. You've got no chance of getting your job back after the $#!+ Show you put on. Good riddance, I say.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They took our jobs. I have no idea why you kept going on about it.

It's a joke off South Park. End of story.

Ashell

and you couldn't make something up fast enough to put a different spin on it.

about having a management doll that you stab to release stress.

that hub manager is spinning the whole thing. He said stab. He refused to produce the paper so everyone could see what it actually said. Stab was not on there, true fact. There were a few things on the paper he was reading from that were not true. people say stuff they shouldn't all the time at ups. Should they, probably not. Have the policies been applied evenly to everyone? probably not. Its pretty obvious their intent is to make me out to be the bad employee when they 1) didn't enter my option day that I called in. 2) did not enter and correct it after I pointed it out and asked them to.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
that hub manager is spinning the whole thing. He said stab. He refused to produce the paper so everyone could see what it actually said. Stab was not on there, true fact. There were a few things on the paper he was reading from that were not true. people say stuff they shouldn't all the time at ups. Should they, probably not. Have the policies been applied evenly to everyone? probably not. Its pretty obvious their intent is to make me out to be the bad employee when they 1) didn't enter my option day that I called in. 2) did not enter and correct it after I pointed it out and asked them to.
You did a good enough job making yourself out to be a bad employee. You didn't need his help.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Wow. I've had bad investigatory interviews. I've had guys admit to stealing food from coworkers, I've had guys admit to threatening people with firearms at work, I've had people admit to a lot of really awful :censored2: in the office before but nothing as cringe worthy as this. You sound like someone who thinks he's a lot smarter than reality demonstrates.

You worked at UPS in small sort; who gives a :censored2: if someone is taking your :censored2:ing smalls bags? Did you pay for them?

You claim you got over 2000 hours this year in small sort and you're a scab? Why should your BA take your calls? You're a low life parasite. Go work at :censored2:ing FedEx.

You thought you knew how to play the game but you fouled out in the 1st quarter. Make sure you record your local level hearing so I can get a chuckle out of that one, too.

10 point

Would we be discussin any of this if you didn't work in a union shop or would you already be terminated with no recourse except thru an attorney?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Would we be discussing a any of this if you didn't work in a union shop or would you already be terminated with no recourse except thru an attorney?
There are some stupid attorneys out there. I don't know if there are any stupid enough to take this case.

10 point

There are some stupid attorneys out there. I don't know if there are any stupid enough to take this case.
What I'm asking him is...
are you pushing the limits because there's a union cushion?

In any of the jobs I worked at (or businesses i owned) this kind of talk would've landed you out on the street with little recourse.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What I'm asking him is...
are you pushing the limits because there's a union cushion?

In any of the jobs I worked at (or businesses i owned) this kind of talk would've landed you out on the street with little recourse.
You see I'm torn on it. I think he may be pushing it a little because he thinks he will be protected by the union.

But on the other hand he's not in the union. After 9 years, you kind of have to know the union isn't going to help you if you don't show them something.

I don't know. This whole thing is just
3395571.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.