I was termed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I read your posts, listened to audio for 10 minutes that I'll never get back, and listened to your rebuttal !!!!!

DpB9NBnxFo8SDzePYic.gif

PS- I love this GIF

10 point

How about going to work, bagging smalls, collecting your check and go home.

You can't control what others say but you can refuse to be a part of racism.

UPSGUY72

Let's hope the op chalks this up as a learning experience. Because he will never work for UPS ever again. UPS doesn't have to worry about this maroon filing a lawsuit because there is an attorney that would take it after listening to the recording which why they probably let him record it...

10 point

The supe speaking seemed to want decency in the work environment.

The Baptist church wasn't to blame for the sticking points heard in the interview.

That's why I wondered if the op was bitter about life or maybe just didn't care about his own oppression toward others that weren't Caucasian in his work area from what I surmised.

Sounds like a free for all hub job. Until someone gets angry.

InsideUPS

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5CD251B911BE5770!4443&authkey=!AExBG6Y4n0j2IPU&ithint=file,WAV

It could also all be retaliation because I have had problems with entitled sups parking in my united way spot. I put some papers on his car saying this spot donates to freedom from religion foundation. Most people in texas would not want to be affiliated with that charity. I kind of think they park in my spot so I can't because of the charity I donate to. Good for a laugh.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5CD251B911BE5770!4453&authkey=!AKnR-eTOqNy-lIA&ithint=video,mp4

Twenty Eight Minutes Forty Five Seconds (28:45) of "Young and Dumb".

You ostracized yourself from coworkers, UPS management, your steward....and ........unbelievably the Union. You somehow believe that this recording is going to help you in some manner while it actually incriminates you. In a court of law.....your past actions would often be considered "irrelevant" to your current violations of both company policy and contractual language.

1) You are correct that many inappropriate comments are made in the UPS work place without any type of disciplinary action........at least in our location. I routinely witness several part-time supervisors use the "friend" word routinely with derogatory comments towards the workers. I also hear a number of part-time hourly workers use the "friend" word along with sexual comments around new seasonal workers that are NOT use to our work environment and whom may easily be offended. I also witness our center manager use many derogatory comments about the drivers often adding the "friend" connotation to their last name as he is waiting for them to arrive in the building... (obviously those drivers that are out late).

2) I totally agreed with your desire to have the actual document about your past actions presented at your meeting. (in regard to the "stress doll"). If your verbal statements would not have matched the written document......you most likely would have been accused of lying or perjuring yourself...

3) Very hard to believe you made written comments about a what you would do to management in terms of the "stress doll". The actions that you are now facing are most likely a result of your attack(s) on management......especially if some comments about "stabbing" were made.. Bringing you up on current charges of racial slurs and associated antagonistic comments is all management needed to eliminate your job..........ESPECIALLY without firm Union representation that you obviously did not want to be a part of.

Summary:

Learn from this experience in your life. Yes....you have every right to have any race of child you would like.......and yes....you have the right to express those desires.... HOWEVER, learn to choose words wisely without offending those around you. Try to make positive contributions to this world starting with your place of work. EVERYONE deserves to be treated with DIGNITY and RESPECT.... NOONE deserves to be cast as "THEY".....(stereotyping) (as in First THEY take our jobs and now THEY take our bags).

Saving Your Job ?

Your ONLY HOPE to save your job is to EXPRESS SINCERE DEEP REGRET at your hearing for your comments and actions..... Tell the UNION and UPS that you want to become a better person and WILL take classes on ANGER MANAGEMENT.... SENSITIVITY TRAINING....etc... Offer to do community service in minority communities... If you don't want to change.....I really do not have any other advice for you. YOU are the master of your own fate. The "racial programming" you received as a child growing up obviously was filled with bigotry.

Ashell

What racial programming did I receive? That guy I said that to is a D-bag. He put race on the table. I'm not sorry.

I haven't done 2000 hours in small sort. Probably over 500 down stairs loading. I thought a scab was just someone that crossed a strike line, closing the gap of the immediate wound.

So back to this hub manger that says its his job to the protect the harassment free environment UPS values. When he approached me with the paper, he asked me to read it. I refused. Over and over. He said,"...because you can't be a man." That is sexual degradation. Pretty sure I made a corporate complaint about this one. I have even had a female employee tell me he told her,"you should smile when you see me." That's cringy if you ask me. Pretty sure a corporate complaint got filed on that one.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What racial programming did I receive? That guy I said that to is a D-bag. He put race on the table. I'm not sorry.

I haven't done 2000 hours in small sort. Probably over 500 down stairs loading. I thought a scab was just someone that crossed a strike line, closing the gap of the immediate wound.

So back to this hub manger that says its his job to the protect the harassment free environment UPS values. When he approached me with the paper, he asked me to read it. I refused. Over and over. He said,"...because you can't be a man." That is sexual degradation. Pretty sure I made a corporate complaint about this one. I have even had a female employee tell me he told her,"you should smile when you see me." That's cringy if you ask me. Pretty sure a corporate complaint got filed on that one.
latest

T

Turdferguson

8 cups Chicken Stock or fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
2 (4-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
1 (12-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken breast half
2 cups diagonally sliced carrot
2 cups diagonally sliced celery
1 cup chopped onion
6 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Celery leaves (optional)

Preparation
Hands-on: 51 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour, 1 Minutes

1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; let stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from bones; shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard bones.

2. Add carrot, celery, and onion to pan; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add noodles, and simmer 6 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are done. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.