I work in the building and I do my best, I really do. yet I'm too slow

NI3

Hey all,
I'm a new hire who hasn't made their seniority yet. I've been verbally warned a few times by PT supervisors that I'm too slow. I'm picking up my pace as i learn and I'm told I'm doing just fine, but nearing the end, I'm always getting hassled I'm not fast enough.

I'm doing my best. I really am... and I'm not fast enough. What's there to do now? I get paid something like $9.50 an hour, do the best of my ability, and still not fast enough. Looking around, I don't look like I'm that far behind.

S

splozi

Although speed is more important to management than accuracy, I feel like you need to be good at one or the other. Either be fast and crappy, or slow and good... when you start. The slowness will pick up over time. If you get a chance to interact with your drivers, listen to what they have to say regarding where to put certain stops. If your drivers are happy, they may compliment you to management, then maybe they'll get off your @ss a bit.

Tough it out. The key is try your best. Try to produce quality loads.

Keep in mind that your sup may be under pressure to put you under pressure. This may just be a tactic they use to weed out people who don't belong there. Ignore it.

klein

Für Meno :)
You'll never be quick enough, once you do achieve it - then they'll want even more out of you.
Just ask anyone here !

gorilla75jdw

best thing to do is get your 30 days in , achieve seniority , then start taking a big dump (shyt) in the middle of your sort daily , and when they get on your case for it , file, file and file again . You got to develop some thick skin .

menotyou

bella amicizia
best thing to do is get your 30 days in , achieve seniority , then start taking a big dump (shyt) in the middle of your sort daily , and when they get on your case for it , file, file and file again . You got to develop some thick skin .
I'm not sure the dump is a good idea, But I would think it to be quite hilarious nonetheless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work to the best of your ability. Accuracy is more important than production. Production will increase with experience.

splozi has a good point--they may be doing this to see if you can handle both the job and the harassment.

Im in the same boat right now. Not in the union yet and I sincerely work my hardest although they tell me it's not enough sometimes. It seems like theyre told to be a dick to you, but who knows. Im learning to pretty much ignore it and work through it. Its pretty much all you can do.

ryansox

Well working the Preload in the early mornings I have always worked as fast as I could no matter what. Sure sometimes I am "too slow" and fall behind. But I work safely and my drivers love my loads. Whatever you do just make sure you have enough to do. You never want to be caught doing nothing the'll give you more :(