IamFedExGround

bbsam

Staff member
I have a business that opens at 10:30 and the ground driver leaves packages there all the time because he's there before they open. I always thought that's the way you guys did it. I'm in the area the area the same time he is but have to return and make an attempt before they close at 4:00
Is there a release form signed by the recipient? Has the recipient requested the driver leave the boxes? Because if not, they could have it ended very quickly.

bbsam

Staff member
You know what I think? I think there are some nervous people here that are reduced to believing that six months from now, Fred is going to come to the conclusion that he's made a huge mistake and needs to come crawling back to the "professional" courier at Express with 40% raises, cushy bennies, and a suite of offices for MFE, Cactus, Downhill, and the other multitude of Ground detractors here. Your echo chamber drowns out the reality of what is happening and your delusions keep you locked in a dead-end job. Doesn't matter though. Just send the volume over. I'll take it from here.

thedownhillEXPRESS

You know what I think? I think there are some nervous people here that are reduced to believing that six months from now, Fred is going to come to the conclusion that he's made a huge mistake and needs to come crawling back to the "professional" courier at Express with 40% raises, cushy bennies, and a suite of offices for MFE, Cactus, Downhill, and the other multitude of Ground detractors here. Your echo chamber drowns out the reality of what is happening and your delusions keep you locked in a dead-end job. Doesn't matter though. Just send the volume over. I'll take it from here.

I'll gladly share an office with them!!

And I LOVE cushy bunnies!!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
40% raises and cushy bennies??? Talk about making stuff up. As far as a dead-end job goes, I'm sure being a Ground driver always promises a very bright future.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sure you'll take it, because you're on the cash side of the scam. Nobody is deluded about our value, but neither are we confused about what is happening to the volume. Fred wants more money, so he's taking it away from us, and giving it over to the Flim-Flam Man, aka the ISP. Smart con man that you are (oops.. indepent contractor), you'll take the money and run. "Mordecai Jones"---FedEx ISP. Has a ring to it, doesn't it?

bbsam

Staff member
You won't be joking when a whole bunch of missing package claims come rolling in.

I can only assume the storees and the driver have an agreement. I don't know about UPS, but Ground has a form to document that agreement. What I don't understand is how people around here think consignees are upset about this and do nothing about it. Do you think the stores at the mall object but decide it isn't worth contacting UPS?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I can only assume the storees and the driver have an agreement. I don't know about UPS, but Ground has a form to document that agreement. What I don't understand is how people around here think consignees are upset about this and do nothing about it. Do you think the stores at the mall object but decide it isn't worth contacting UPS?
Now I think YOU'RE lying. What you're suggesting here is that Ground is complaint free. I don't think you're telling us everything. As far as UPS is concerned, they probably have a driver release agreement with certain mall stores.

STFXG

At ground we have a form they fill out releasing us of any liability when we DR to a business. Same idea as a door tag signed to leave at a resi. It stays on file until the customer requests it to stop...

bbsam

Staff member
Now I think YOU'RE lying. What you're suggesting here is that Ground is complaint free. I don't think you're telling us everything. As far as UPS is concerned, they probably have a driver release agreement with certain mall stores.
How on earth did I say Ground is complaint free? What I said is exactly what STFXG posted above.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS does not have any such arrangements with any commercial customers, especially in a mall.

bbsam

Staff member
Let me guess. A Ground driver did something boneheaded and now all Ground personel are confirmed jerk head knee biters?