IamMrFedEx.com

vantexan

Now you are showing your lack of savvy in the tax code.

For instance, I am allowed to ay myself a salary of $x from bbsam inc. That doesn't mean I have to live on $x per week. I can write myself "distribution" checks which ate taxed differently (lower) than the salary. Why? Because the IRS really does care what something is called.

​Taxed lower than the salary? Mitt, is that you? Mitt?

STFXG

It's called pass through income. My effective tax rate was at 11 percent for last year. That's the total tax paid for my salary, my wife's income, and dividends paid to myself. It's a screw job for the normal working joe.

Last edited:

northbound

I think being from the FAR more profitable opco, that my contributions here are more than warranted.

Far more profitable because of the slave wages and the no benefits concept.

Also Ground would never exist had it not been from all the hard work from EXPRESS employess that made a bundle for FDX Corp.

Some things you very conviently forget, don't 'ya?

Also Express would never exist had it not been for all the hard work fromFred Smith that made FDX Corp.

Some things you very conveniently forget.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes. Wonderful Uncle Fred. Born rich so he could fulfill his destiny of being filthy effing rich at our expense.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Also Express would never exist had it not been for all the hard work fromFred Smith that made FDX Corp.

Some things you very conveniently forget.
oh good point, good point..I guess he should give himself a big fat raise. I mean honestly, what is your point here? You think Fred hasn't been fairly compensated for his work?

Here's a bit of irony - Federal Express would have never gotten off the ground had it not been for some serious falsification of documents by ol' FWS - an offense if committed by any FedEx employee today is grounds for immediate termination.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Now you are showing your lack of savvy in the tax code.

For instance, I am allowed to ay myself a salary of $x from bbsam inc. That doesn't mean I have to live on $x per week. I can write myself "distribution" checks which ate taxed differently (lower) than the salary. Why? Because the IRS really does care what something is called.

But it has to be in reality.

Vehicles are classified by weight, not by some mythical name you come up with.
I can't lie my way into saying a pickup truck is really just a people car!! They would laugh you right out of the building.
​Its crazy

You and Upstate have common sense, thinking they call them "package cars" for tax purposes and saying its as simple as that is like believing in werewolves....

bbsam

Staff member
But it has to be in reality.

Vehicles are classified by weight, not by some mythical name you come up with.
I can't lie my way into saying a pickup truck is really just a people car!! They would laugh you right out of the building.
​Its crazy

You and Upstate have common sense, thinking they call them "package cars" for tax purposes and saying its as simple as that is like believing in werewolves....

actually it is very much because I say so.

Do you know why people incorporate? There are many reasons, but the most inclusive, easy reason is because the tax code that s written to favor businesses that do so. The tax code for businesses is nothing more than codified corporate welfare. If you know an accountant, have a conversation with him,her. It really is fascinating how tthe "corporate ttitans" have people steamed at "welfare queens".

vantexan

actually it is very much because I say so.

Do you know why people incorporate? There are many reasons, but the most inclusive, easy reason is because the tax code that s written to favor businesses that do so. The tax code for businesses is nothing more than codified corporate welfare. If you know an accountant, have a conversation with him,her. It really is fascinating how tthe "corporate ttitans" have people steamed at "welfare queens".

It's funny how people here accuse me of flip flopping but watching your gyrations makes me laugh. You talk of our need for a union yet fully participate in a system that exploits others. You talk about corporate welfare as if it's detestable and yet you are incorporated. By the way the two reasons most incorporate are that the corporate structure limits liability and it, as you said, has favorable tax consequences. One thing to keep in mind though is that the gov't wants to encourage economic activity so they give tax advantages to those who incorporate. It may seem ridiculous for large, successful businesses but most of those businesses started small and needed every assistance possible to grow.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Why do you think they call our handhelds "DIADs" rather than computers? It has to do with how they are taxed.

Ok, exactly what tax are they saving.

Is this only a ups loophole?
Does FedEx call them cars?
Does BB inc call them cars!

I.E. why even have a truck category if everyone can just say its a car?

What are the IRS guidelines for differentiating between truck and car and the benefits of one over the other.

And besides just wild rumors, where is the proof ups does the for tax purposes.

Answer me those questions.

bbsam

Staff member
I have no idea as well. I'm simply speculating that it could have a historical basis. I think its significance may have decreased with the advent of leases and other tax provisions.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You should have met with some Express couriers instead to discuss organizing.

Maybe he corresponds with them during the 5 minutes a day he's spends logged in to BC, because he said he only spends 5 min. a day dealing with this site. He could be too busy investigating the integrated Ground/Express dispatch operation. No, wait. He's busy filling in as a dispatcher because he said that all of the Express dispatchers were hired away by Ground. And he's seen with his own eyes Ground trailers full of Express packages.

Cut him some slack. He has a lot on his plate and he has to figure out which 2 people he corresponds with via this site are not who and what they claim ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe he corresponds with them during the 5 minutes a day he's spends logged in to BC, because he said he only spends 5 min. a day dealing with this site. He could be too busy investigating the integrated Ground/Express dispatch operation. No, wait. He's busy filling in as a dispatcher because he said that all of the Express dispatchers were hired away by Ground. And he's seen with his own eyes Ground trailers full of Express packages.

Cut him some slack. He has a lot on his plate and he has to figure out which 2 people he corresponds with via this site are not who and what they claim ;)

Hey, you are back!! Did MT3 tell you we're causing a "ruckus" here and to chime-in and calm the waters? Good luck with that lackey.
Fact: Express dispatchers and managers have been recruited and hired way to Ground. Not all...some.
Fact: Ground frequently moves Express packages, both in trucks and aircraft.
Fact: You are a manager/shill assigned here by the FedEx Corporation to monitor this site, and disrupt and discredit myself and others who disagree with the company BS.

MT3 is calling. He says he scuffed a Gucci loafer and that you put too much sugar in his Chai latte'.

Chop, chop lackey boy.

IsItME

Hey, you are back!! Did MT3 tell you we're causing a "ruckus" here and to chime-in and calm the waters? Good luck with that lackey.
Fact: Express dispatchers and managers have been recruited and hired way to Ground. Not all...some.
Fact: Ground frequently moves Express packages, both in trucks and aircraft.
Fact: You are a manager/shill assigned here by the FedEx Corporation to monitor this site, and disrupt and discredit myself and others who disagree with the company BS.

MT3 is calling. He says he scuffed a Gucci loafer and that you put too much sugar in his Chai latte'.

Chop, chop lackey boy.
Your fact number one is indisputable. There's a lot of flexibility right now when a move benefits the company.
This company is very nervous about union activity. They know how desperate unions are to increase membership, how disgusting FedEx has been to it's indifferent workforce and despite what many feel, FedEx and all companies watch union activity closely. FedEx monitors this site within corporate communications. There's software that identifies when FedEx comes up on the internet. I'm sure they just check this site because its constantly filled with negative information that could impair the image. 59 Dano is likely not placed here (just an opinion). Sometimes, someone makes a little money, thinks he's more important and is just a sucker defending a corporation that will dump on him at first chance. Those people will wake up one day and realize their stupidity. Not that I'm referring to 59 Dano as stupid. I'm not like that and I wouldn't be allowed even if that's what I observed. You can make a really good salary at a corporation and still not be confused about it. Well, some people can.

IsItME

President of STFXG Inc.

And I do supervise, but I also drive daily.
Man, I'm impressed. You can make condescending comments, lead and drive all at the same time. You're a really good multi-tasker. I can copy and paste definitions then use the word in a sentence all at the same time. Let me give it a shot:

Definition of Goon: A bully or thug, esp. one hired to terrorize or do away with opposition. A silly, foolish, or eccentric person.

I read posts quite often and then I'm able to identify a goon that thinks he's something more than a nobody in a failing company.

How's my aim?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your fact number one is indisputable. There's a lot of flexibility right now when a move benefits the company.
This company is very nervous about union activity. They know how desperate unions are to increase membership, how disgusting FedEx has been to it's indifferent workforce and despite what many feel, FedEx and all companies watch union activity closely. FedEx monitors this site within corporate communications. There's software that identifies when FedEx comes up on the internet. I'm sure they just check this site because its constantly filled with negative information that could impair the image. 59 Dano is likely not placed here (just an opinion). Sometimes, someone makes a little money, thinks he's more important and is just a sucker defending a corporation that will dump on him at first chance. Those people will wake up one day and realize their stupidity. Not that I'm referring to 59 Dano as stupid. I'm not like that and I wouldn't be allowed even if that's what I observed. You can make a really good salary at a corporation and still not be confused about it. Well, some people can.

You may be right about Dano. I have repeatedly said he is way too easy to destroy to be a professional PR-type. Your hypothesis is probably correct. There are still a lot of managers who think that they are hot crap because they make more than a courier and get to sit in a Memphis cubicle and clap for MT3 when he makes another stupid move.