Ibt Getting Nervous

Equalizer

Tie Guy said
If thats true then you should file charges against them.

Charges were filed against the individual that assaulted Mr. Eason on October 1st in K.C.. He was hauled away in a police car with the assurance that he would be bailed out as soon as possible from a Temaster trustee that was present. The trustee didn't seem to have a problem with his actions nor did he seem to have a problem with bailing him out "as soon as possible". The officer, that was there for security ,told us afterwards that a phone call had been made to local 41, prior to the meeting, to make sure that there was to be no problems at the meeting from any union members. Remember this meeting was held at the FOP (Fraternal Order Of Police) lodge POLICE ground. This officer was a captain of the K.C. KS. police force and said that a citation would be issued to Local 41 for not abiding by what was agreed upon.

It is obvious to most that the IBT does not care what the rules are. They continue to break them at will. Even though the IBT claims to denounce the actions of it's members they sure don't seem to be trying to stop it either. Now I know that the IBT has members that are great people. Unfortunately the ones that break the law give the organization a bad reputation, but as far as the officials not supporting criminal actions of it's members. That was laid to rest when the IBT Official Trustee said WE will bail you out as soon as possible. That action spoke loud enough for those of us in K.C. to recognize who the IBT still is. Intimidation, threats ,violence, criminal activity, just to name a few.

any122 said
LIKE I SAID THE IBT WILL NEVER GET UPS FRIEGHT NEVER!

I can't speak for the whole system, but K.C. they will NEVER get!

Equalizer

mikey1947

Tennessee
Any 122, the IBT will get UPS Freight with the teamsters under new leadership and direction. Tom L will provide that if he gets elected! It will take a long time for the APWA to get certified, if it ever does, but in the meantime if all of you who really care vote for that new direction then we will all see how things will change! I have met Tom face to face and I know for a fact that he beleives in what we do. He beleives that things in the IBT need changing for the good of the membership, but he cant do that unless all of us vote! I stress again, all of us vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mittam

Leedham is still going to be there with all the other teamster greed , thugs , violence , and other criminal activities should he happen to get elected!!! The teamsters will never turn around they will continue to try and feed off the UPS cash cow. Is that what you want just to be used? I would rather have someone working for me not taking my money and expecting us to work for them

tieguy

Banned
Tie,
I appreciate what you're saying but think again about just this one part for a second.

"would be inclined to believe that any such activity is not condoned by the teamsters leadership."

When you consider the history of the IBT and even consider some of the acts that took place during the 1997' UPS strike and the fact as I see it where virtually nothing was done to stop or prevent such actions from happening in the first place, this statement, although honest and genuine on your part, just doesn't work.

=

wkmac I'm sorry to hear that I was hoping thug influence in the teamsters was no longer true.

DS

Fenderbender
Tie its the teamsters...like the sopranos they are
in too deep,but they are all corrupt
even Leedham will say anything to be a part of it.
I dont trust them.
We need a new union.

30andout

Any 122, the IBT will get UPS Freight with the teamsters under new leadership and direction. Tom L will provide that if he gets elected! It will take a long time for the APWA to get certified, if it ever does, but in the meantime if all of you who really care vote for that new direction then we will all see how things will change! I have met Tom face to face and I know for a fact that he beleives in what we do. He beleives that things in the IBT need changing for the good of the membership, but he cant do that unless all of us vote! I stress again, all of us vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why does it look like your yelling at us in all of your posts?:w00t:

chev

Nightcrawler
Been a Teamster for 16 years and I gotta say I have never trusted the National IBT. I have seen how our local is scared to stand up to Hoffa's thugs.
I have heard the talk of "leg breaking" tactics. It sickens me to be a member when I hear things like this.
Honestly, I don't think things will ever change. I'm tired of our dues going to support political agendas. I'm tired of the same BS. Time for a change. We need to remember what "union" means. We ,the memebers, ARE the union.
Time to kick these thieves to the curb!:mad:

I hope they ARE getting nervous.

Last edited:
T

trucker1946

the company and the union are in bed together,i am retired and attend every monthly meeting,50 people are there,how can you establish unity or change things with such a small crowd,the average guy and gal are stuck in the middle,put your time in and get out.thank you and good luck:thumbup1: