IBT proposal thus far.

S

serenity now

the satellite point where i drop the TP60 is a metal table in the middle of a parking lot * no heat or bathroom, no shelter

just asphalt and sky

HubBub

I assume your kidding ... costly in that it costs money.

You have solid gold faucets in your home? Probably not because it is too costly.

Geez, I guess this goes to show we let anybody post on here don't we? :biting:

The question is: "To whom would these proposals be costly?"

Your answer is: "costly in that it costs money."

I'm scratching my head here. Do we need terrible reading comprehension to post here?

brown_trousers

whats the reasoning behind requiring UPS to continue medical coverage for soldiers who get deployed? Don't active soldiers already get better health coverage than we do? Whats the point in double-covering them?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I liked the heated mirrors one.

A few that I thought were totally unreasonable. DUI or drug addicts jobs will be held for 3 years. That's a little much.

Also the part that said we could refuse to take a truck out that way loaded too full and we consider unsafe. I see this being abused big time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I totally disagree w the 8 to 1 language. All new hires should have to start part time. As a former casual. It is a sell out. My 1st ten years. No vacations (now w 25 yrs just got my 4th week). No rovers. No nothing. All hires should start from the part time ranks. Sell out!!!!

What should the ratio be ,its 6 to 1 now..so wouldn't 8 to 1 be better??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I totally disagree w the 8 to 1 language. All new hires should have to start part time. As a former casual. It is a sell out. My 1st ten years. No vacations (now w 25 yrs just got my 4th week). No rovers. No nothing. All hires should start from the part time ranks. Sell out!!!!

The sell out is UPS being able to drag you out for 10 years as a casual with no vacation...are you telling me they couldn't have brought you on earlier with full time work...that's bs and a total loophole

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I liked the heated mirrors one.

A few that I thought were totally unreasonable. DUI or drug addicts jobs will be held for 3 years. That's a little much.

Also the part that said we could refuse to take a truck out that way loaded too full and we consider unsafe. I see this being abused big time.

If you have a major problem it might take 3 years to get better...

bbsam

Staff member
whats the reasoning behind requiring UPS to continue medical coverage for soldiers who get deployed? Don't active soldiers already get better health coverage than we do? Whats the point in double-covering them?

because it is part of their compensation?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Some pretty costly proposals in there and I can understand why economic proposals will not be submitted until a later date ... there may not be any money left!

I guess this is the equally outrageous response to UPS's initial proposal.

Buying some fans for the trucks and the costs associated with them is a drop in the bucket in what the keyless entry cost to put in and maintain

Kae3106

Will save some workers a few bucks:
"Additionally, an employee shall not be subject to any additional fees imposed by the Employer if the garnishment or wage assignment is for court ordered child support or alimony."

For those who aren't familiar, most state laws allow the employer to collect a fee from the employee as the cost of complying with the garnishment order. The fee isn't just something UPS decided to impose, it is written into the state laws. IMO, no employer should have to eat the cost of complying with an employee's personal legal issues. Yes, UPS is a big company that could absorb this cost but is it right to expect any employer to take this cost? Cost of paying the employee for work performed...yes. Cost of dealing with attorneys and legal paperwork related to child support payments...no.

That said, some of the fees are a bit excessive. Most are a per payment fee like $1 which is pretty reasonable. This covers the cost of receiving the paperwork, sending it to the company that scans it into a special computer program, processing it in the payroll system, making sure the payments go to the correct collector, check printing costs, postage for non-electronic payments, dealing with the hundreds of weekly phone calls from lawyers, ex-spouses, etc. We have a dedicated department of about a dozen people who deal with this stuff all day long. I worked in that group for a few months and it's a beating. The endless phone calls from the angry ex-wives were enough to drive me to drink.

The fees I think are a bit excessive are the ones tied to a percentage of the debt. It's been a while but I think it was Illinois that allowed us to charge a flat 2% fee. Also, if there is a long term wage attachment that isn't changing, like a child support agreement, and it's an electronic payment, there really isn't any cost to the company once it's been set up in the system.

BROWNHOG

They also spent 11 billion dollars bailing out the teamsters pension funding issues in the central states and in the northeast .

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hall also acknowledged that they are also working on having soldiers who are called up to serve, come back to work with their vacation credited. As of now if you don't get your required reports because you are serving our country in some capacity, you come back with no vacation time. I don't even know why this is an issue, oh yeah, because UPS has to be forced to do the right thing.

BROWNHOG

Great. And why would any company need to bailout funding that was in the complete control of the union that negotiates for its members pension benefits ? . Its not all big bad ups.

PT Car Washer

Hall also acknowledged that they are also working on having soldiers who are called up to serve, come back to work with their vacation credited. As of now if you don't get your required reports because you are serving our country in some capacity, you come back with no vacation time. I don't even know why this is an issue, oh yeah, because UPS has to be forced to do the right thing.
You build up leave which is like vacation in the Army and take that when you come off deployment. After a year away I was ready to go back to work.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Absolute loop hole! Union sells out smallest group. Honestly w all the part timers whining. I don't feel they don't have much ground. They have all the power over everything. The full time drivers will do best for themselves. They don't get what they want TFB. Casuals were less than 1%. No way will they be heard. The progression should be part time to casual to fulltime( for those whom wish to deliver) The union will sell out the new hires Imo. Especially if there is a bonus. As upstate has declared. The closer it gets. Two teir is coming. Or we will have to decide. No pay for sell out of people not hired yet. No pay for insurance.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You build up leave which is like vacation in the Army and take that when you come off deployment. After a year away I was ready to go back to work.

And you have to work another full year worth of reports to get your following years vacation. You'd basically come back and not have a single week of vacation through a full report cycle. How is that fair to make them "earn" the credits for the following year since they were fighting for our freedom?