Ice Machine

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by swing_drv, Aug 7, 2007.

1. swing_drv

swing_drv Member

Does your center have a Ice Machine?
  2. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Mine does. I fill my Nalgene water bottles up every afternoon when I walk out the door. What burns me up though are the vending machines. A Coke is a dollar, Gatorade in this 100 degree weather is $1.35.:sweatdrop
  4. mittam

mittam Member

we have 2 of them
  5. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

We don't, but we do have a water cooler.
  6. area43

area43 New Member

No ice machine. We do have a water fountian in our center, but would good is that when your out on your route.
  7. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

Our hub had two that I knew of, but they were later removed...
    No doubt that was part of the "Save a Million Dollars a Month" crusade that began here about 3 years ago. (We're a district office). :rolleyes:
  8. we have two that I know of, possibly one more in the other cafeteria but I don't work in that area of the hub so I don't know. :tongue_sm
  9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Yeah, we've got an ice machine....He's called our center manager.
  10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

There are a couple of them in our building.
  11. outamyway

outamyway New Member

We have 5
  12. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Always top off my iced coffee as I pass it!
  13. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

No ice machines here. And a drinking fountain that someone taped over so that no one could use that foul tasting water machine. Yuck!!! A Haz Mat disaster if anyone used it.
  14. Cole

Cole New Member

We have one, but it is broken, and hasn't been fixed yet, even in this scorching heat! Wouldn't want to minimize anyone's bonuses now would we! These geniuses put the diad shelves beside it and it melts the ice in the machine.

I would suggest first talk to you safety chair about getting one, because if one center has an ice machine ALL should have one. If you get no justice, file a grievance, and send copies to the IBT Parcel division, and copies the "Climatic Conditions Committee, return receipt requested and let us know what repsonse you get.
  15. Threshold

Threshold New Member

We have three of them, they always break in August, and they always fix them in November.:mellow:
  16. terrymac

terrymac New Member

we have at least two, used to have only one ice been machine where you could scoop ice. but no more. one of our fine part timers was discovered to be spitting in it.... wonderful thought. he prob. got his job back.
  17. AirDriverAmy

AirDriverAmy New Member

We have an ice machine un our building. It use to be all the way in the back by ECS. Now it is up toward the front of the building. I'm glad it was moved. Much easier.
  18. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

We have 2 in our building at this time. One usually breaks down every other week, thank the lord that there are 2.
  19. longlunchguy

longlunchguy Runnin on Empty

Florida in summer, of course we don't have an ice machine. :crying:
  20. #1angelfan

#1angelfan New Member

we have 2 of them:thumbup1: