Ice Machine

over9five

Staff member
"OK, so where does it say her name is Amy?"

LOL! Helen, you're shut off!

(Where does it say your name is Helen!)

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
No ice machine. When I mentioned getting one I was informed they could not buy a machine that had bulk ice in a bin because of the chance the ice could be contaminated by someone. No sense buying something we all could really use. Instead they buy a picnic table, microwave, fridge, BBQ grill and coffee pot. Nothing the drivers ever use or have time to use. Only time the stuff gets used is by the preloaders. All the appliances are locked up in the office that no one has a key for except the Sups.

Cole

Stay on them about Harely Rider! You get your folks raising cain about it and they'll get it, just be persistant, and if you have to embarass the Company's saftey coordinator.

area43

No ice machine. We do have a water fountian in our center, but would good is that when your out on your route.

Come to think of it we do have an ice machine. Its called mother nature and she dumps it anytime she feels like it. Of course, thats in the winter time when we don't need it. ) :

wornoutupser

We have a ice machine.

The company that installed was called for a bid. They did not want the job so they bid ultra high.

UPS hired them not only to install our machine but a whole bunch more up the east coast!

LKLND3380

Does your center have a Ice Machine?

Yes but it seems to break down over the weekends when it gets hot...

Not sure what haapen but I stroll in 3:00am on Monday and its not working... Just buzz/humm like it is trying to spit ice out...

It gets fixed by Wednesday

LKLND3380

Amy is hot, just like the rest of us.:sweatdrop Welcome to the Brown Cafe, Amy!

It is hot at my center in Florida as well...
l_6df55e53e1bb48f5e8c21c82f348a113.jpg

wornoutupser

Yes but it seems to break down over the weekends when it gets hot...

Not sure what haapen but I stroll in 3:00am on Monday and its not working... Just buzz/humm like it is trying to spit ice out...

It gets fixed by Wednesday

Hey LKLND,
IM me directly if it goes out, I know who installed it!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
2 ice/water machines in my hub, and they screwed & sealed the little inspection lids down (probably to prevent the potential contamination). But, if its over 90, I know enough to stop & buy my own ice before work (twilight reload sort). Between PC drivers from our 4 centers coming in off the road, a lot of feeders starting ~1600, 200-250 hub workers, and some sort of policy (not posted, just observed) of giving us cold bottled water/occasionally sports drinks when we cross the magic 90, THERE WILL BE NO ICE. Last year I brought in my own ice chest/ice for my co workers in my area on those days, but friday I spotted a memo from security on the metal detector (out of the corner of my eye) that said no more coolers for us pt. Don't know how long it was up there, but it was news to the rent a cops, too, when I said hey what is that? Is that something I need to read? Oh, well, I just hope the pt supes can remember the # for 911 (I'm only partly joking, as we had someone die from the heat last year at another building).