ICs and ISPs Will going from settlement deductions to invoicing be a good thing?

White Line

Wondering what the other ICs and ISPs think of this change coming up, I look at it as more control over our settlement, what do you guys think?

oldngray

nowhere special
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
--Robert Frost

STFXG

BTW we were told it's already that way for ISPs. Either way it's just a bit more paperwork. No big deal to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

White Line

BTW we were told it's already that way for ISPs. Either way it's just a bit more paperwork. No big deal to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah that's how I look at it, the biggest complaint at our meeting of all things was losing the truck washes ha ha, for me I think its good that we will get the whole settlement now, even happier to hear that we are getting our $1000 dollar escrows back if we don't owe them anything which I don't.

STFXG

I never really understood what that escrow has been for. I know they keep it if you walk off. It's only 500 on the HD contracts. If I was angry enough to walk away that small amount wouldn't slow me down...

Sent using BrownCafe App

White Line

Yeah it was the penalty for walking out, but it also was used to pay back any outstanding rental fees or to pay back money that the contractor owed, like the old maintenance loan account that they once had, not to be confused with the service account, at least that's what I was told.

gixxer squid

Gotta agree here. Our worker comp is 38k a year, thats 38k now towards miles :)

However, I do believe it is to further separate the employee/employer relation between us and it was a decision not made to benefit we, the contractor IMHO Get a good card for miles and gas and use to your advantage :)))))))))

gixxer squid

My concern would be a ISP that somehow comes on hard times and and uses that money for something else. This is going to require good discipline and money management skills I hope most have. Getting behind and playing the catch up game is no fun. Maybe some new PSA's will be available soon, LOL

bbsam

Staff member
It sucks. It's actually less control but just wait until you see what work/comp costs when not under FDX control. And yes, Marsh keeps a nice, close eye on such things so a contractor doesn't send folks out uninsured.

White Line

It sucks. It's actually less control but just wait until you see what work/comp costs when not under FDX control. And yes, Marsh keeps a nice, close eye on such things so a contractor doesn't send folks out uninsured.
Yeah that's what I was trying to say, us having control over the whole settlement not FedEx, well with all this coming up bbsam do you think we may see the day where we will have to get our own authority?