Idea for a new thread....

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
this is a very good idea,, id love for this to come to fruition ,, just the majority of drivers sending in pics of there normal load,, no dumb comments only FACTUAL pics..........

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
cfba7e73.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
There were 5 pictures posted of pc's that you could not walk thru 1 you could walk thru. In anybody's center thats around 10%, WOW the pc's are so full everyday...put another route in now!

Give it a break, go on you tube, same pc's, same area's, same crappy loads, 2-5 year old pictures on you tube so what was the problem then?

menotyou

bella amicizia
There were 5 pictures posted of pc's that you could not walk thru 1 you could walk thru. In anybody's center thats around 10%, WOW the pc's are so full everyday...put another route in now!

Give it a break, go on you tube, same pc's, same area's, same crappy loads, 2-5 year old pictures on you tube so what was the problem then?

If you would give permission to the drivers to take pictures, I would bet you would see that percentage drop.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ok, previously I posted a pic of my load that looked like it was straight out of the UPS training video. Here are a few other pics of previous loads.

IMG00193.jpg

IMG00067.jpg

Phonepics115.jpg

Phonepics116.jpg

Phonepics114.jpg

K790a062.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yup, IE sure has the amount of time it takes for a perfect, no damages load all figured out.
My damages have increased since we went on PAS/EDD. I am ashamed to deliver some of the boxes that are loaded on my package car right now. There has been a significant increase with the extra production push. One really burned me up last week. I delivered a wood crate with a small marble table in it back to the residential shipper last Thursday. It had a "Refused Damage" label on it. The next day I had a Damaged Call Tag for this 95 lb. box, so I got to handle it twice. Why wasn't an obviously damaged package properly processed the first time?

curiousbrain

This thread and the pictures in it make me hate preloaders, which is ironic because I am a preloader.

Some days are just bad days, to be sure, but when folks say that this is the norm, I find myself wondering the following things:

1) Most preloaders really don't care and/or suck.
2) Most centers are insane and/or I work in the utopia of UPS
3) Some arbitrary combination of the above.

I like this thread, in spite of the misery the pictures often represent.

worldwide

My damages have increased since we went on PAS/EDD. I am ashamed to deliver some of the boxes that are loaded on my package car right now. There has been a significant increase with the extra production push. One really burned me up last week. I delivered a wood crate with a small marble table in it back to the residential shipper last Thursday. It had a "Refused Damage" label on it. The next day I had a Damaged Call Tag for this 95 lb. box, so I got to handle it twice. Why wasn't an obviously damaged package properly processed the first time?

If a package is obviously damaged, it should not be delivered. Why deliver something that is obviously damaged? Record as damaged and never let the customer see it. It should not have been loaded on the car in the first place but you are the last line of defense before it gets to the customer.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If a package is obviously damaged, it should not be delivered. Why deliver something that is obviously damaged? Record as damaged and never let the customer see it. It should not have been loaded on the car in the first place but you are the last line of defense before it gets to the customer.

We are now instructed to deliver damages and not record them as damaged. The only exception is if the customer refuses delivery, even then we are told to sheet them up as refused. This was a residential DR and the consignee was not home.