Idea for a new thread....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I brought 19 of these stops back at 8:20 one night last week.

While it is unfortunate that so many of the stops were missed, I think its more important to stay positive and focus on things that actually matter. We were successful in forcing the volume into the car; we were successful in getting the preloader off of the clock; and we were successful in eliminating enough routes to "look good" on the daily report. In todays competitive business enviorment, minor details such as actually delivering the packages are simply going to have to take a back seat to the higher-priority issue of maintaining the illusion of a functioning center. I am confident that the customers will understand.

bad load 5  6-28-11.jpg
bad load 5  6-28-11.jpg

soberups

Setting me up to succeed once again!

My dock stops were up on shelf one and two. The 45-stop residential cut from an adjacent route that got eliminated is in the pile on the floor, although some of them are also scattered randomly on the different shelves due to the preloader not having time to cross the old PAL label off and write the new one on with a crayon. Those packages are therefore loaded on the same shelf that they were supposed to be on in the route that got cut out.

I guess I need to be a bit more patient. The building I work out of has only been operating for 25 years. They probably just need a little more time to work the bugs out. I am confident that, some day, every route will be loaded they way they do when the driver is getting an OJS.

6-27-11.jpg
6-27-11.jpg

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
I brought 19 of these stops back at 8:20 one night last week.

While it is unfortunate that so many of the stops were missed, I think its more important to stay positive and focus on things that actually matter. We were successful in forcing the volume into the car; we were successful in getting the preloader off of the clock; and we were successful in eliminating enough routes to "look good" on the daily report. In todays competitive business enviorment, minor details such as actually delivering the packages are simply going to have to take a back seat to the higher-priority issue of maintaining the illusion of a functioning center. I am confident that the customers will understand.

View attachment 5478

Always remember: Information about the package is more important that the package itself.

Data trumps service every time.

That is all. Move along now, nothing to see here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hope you got rid of the tires the first day!!!

A few weeks ago I had a set of 4 mounted, balanced and air-filled tires going to an apartment. First attempt was NI1 as was the second. I really wanted to get rid of them so I called the consignee, found out when he was going to be home and made a 3rd attempt. This is one of the reasons I carry a cell phone.

old levi's

blank space
A few weeks ago I had a set of 4 mounted, balanced and air-filled tires going to an apartment. First attempt was NI1 as was the second. I really wanted to get rid of them so I called the consignee, found out when he was going to be home and made a 3rd attempt. This is one of the reasons I carry a cell phone.

BINGO!

upsgrunt

The reason those tires are so heavy and awkward is because they each have between 30 and 40 pounds of air in them.:funny:

Re-Raise

Why did I have to look at this thread? I was enjoying the last couple of days of my vacation and now I am reminded of what I am going back to Monday.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If a package is obviously damaged, it should not be delivered. Why deliver something that is obviously damaged? Record as damaged and never let the customer see it. It should not have been loaded on the car in the first place but you are the last line of defense before it gets to the customer.

We were told to not record as DAMAGED.

Taco

This is my Package Cart

img00051200912231548.jpg

8-12 apartments within four blocks. Too hard to move the PC half a block and block a lane of traffic, so it sits on the sidewalk at the bottom of a hill and I push that up and down the hill to multi-story apartments, only one of which has an elevator.

QKRSTKR

I really hate tires. They smell bad, especially when hot out, and they make your hands feel crappy too. I try to grab where there is tape. Hated being in the hood. 22in rims and tires all day long with c.o.d. tags. I dont miss that.

My load looks like this most days. My preloader is bad. Rarely, rarely can I walk thru car. And Dragon is a true manager with that, "probably has it off by 11" attitude. The stuff doesnt actually come off the cars by itself you know! @ noon I may have floor where I can walk to back, still stuff on floor under shelfs. Usually not to far past the 2000 shelf. Sometimes i might be on 3000. But I guess with the dispatch, @ noon I only have 8 more hrs.
bl1.jpg

soberups

My load looks like this most days. My preloader is bad. Rarely, rarely can I walk thru car. .

99% of the time, the "bad preloader" is just another hard-working person like myself who has been intentionally set up to fail by their management team.

When 2 entire routes get eliminated 15 minutes before start time in order to comply with some idiotic corporate mandate..... and the belt is clogged with irregs...... and the few preloaders who are left are frantically running up and down the belt flinging packages into the nearest car while a preload sup chases them around and screams at them to get off of the clock....I dont see any point in blaming a 19 year old kid who is making $10 an hour for my crappy load. Like me, he has intentionally been given a task that is hopeless. Like me he is just the messenger of the bad news that the half-assed, crack pipe delusion of a "plan" that has been hatched up by management is going to fail once again. Why bother getting mad at a fellow cog in the wheel? He gets paid to fling the boxes into my car, I get paid to sheet them as missed and bring them back at 8:30 at night, and my "management" team gets paid to look good on the daily report. Who am I to argue with the superior wisdom of such a plan?

Brownsfan

This is how your truck looks before you leave. Wow! I usually have to make a right hand turn before that happens. lol

Ok, previously I posted a pic of my load that looked like it was straight out of the UPS training video. Here are a few other pics of previous loads.

IMG00193.jpg

IMG00067.jpg

Phonepics115.jpg

Phonepics116.jpg

Phonepics114.jpg

K790a062.jpg