Ideas for new diads ?

ihatewinter

In my post i made a mistake with getting a sig. That would not exist anymore, All the customer would need to do is place a finger on the screen & their finger print would be the sig.

Would the general public want their finger print to be held by ups?

I like it but you have to have a finger print I guess to verify it. Even then it's just as safe as some one writing the wrong name down.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hey everyone, If you could design & build our next version of Diads What would you add or remove? My thoughts would be to design it around the iPhone would be a good starting point. Built completely buttonless & no larger or heavier then a iPhone 6+. Just carry it around all day in your pocket no need for a holster, Unless your packing Lol !! Anyway I would hire Apple engineers to manufacture it & have the testers throw it to the ground as hard as they can & if it doesn't disintegrate then it passes our drop test. The screen would double for gps maps with automatic pin drops to view your next stops. & yes it would be hands free driving because it would be fixated on a dash stand, This would help the swing drivers. I would also eliminate ever scanning pkg's again because the shipping labels will have chips that confirm when the pkg. is at its destination with gps. technology. All we would need to do is confirm the count & retrieve a sig. for business stops & leave. D.R would be even more efficient once you arrive to a stop you would just press the "Confirm" button & thats it no scanning anymore, You would still have options for not in, other locations, Etc. The technology would be similar to Apple's new payment system "applePay" that uses chip technology to transfer payment from the "Reader" at the store to the phone to process payment. What ideas wood you come up with?

I've thoughts similar to yours. Battery life would be the problem if it were iPhone based. If they have a battery pack like the ones at the Apple Store then that may solve the problem. I would have it on a belt clip but the scanner would be a bluetooth ring scanner. You would still use the screen to acquire signatures and touchscreen QWERTY keypad as the iPhone already has. Also, keep it open so that could text sups and other drivers (monitored communication, work talk only), thus eliminating drivers needing their own phones on the job (except for emergency purposes)

MendozaJ

Is that sanitary?

As sanitary as the stylus.

The fingerprint sig would be tough to verify but a good idea. It would be nice just to have the person sign a signature card that UPS could scan into a computer, then have a person sign and just push a info on file button.

Eventually UPS would have the largest database of signatures and work histories in the U.S.

I wasn't thinking of having to register your fingerprint for authentication, but something more along the lines of encoding your imprint as is the current signature format, which is often illegible and hardly authentic. Your fingerprint would be converted into digital scribble, for lack of a better description.

Cementups

Box Monkey
How's the shoulder coming along?

shoulder slow. Teamster help is really depressing. Denied my disability claim because it was damaged riding a motorized recreational vehicle. Now Teamster are also denying my medical bills to be paid because they say the guy who owns the property should be responsible though he doesn't have insurance on the property because it's vacant land. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm down to just collecting unemployment and being stuck with doctor bills.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
shoulder slow. Teamster help is really depressing. Denied my disability claim because it was damaged riding a motorized recreational vehicle. Now Teamster are also denying my medical bills to be paid because they say the guy who owns the property should be responsible though he doesn't have insurance on the property because it's vacant land. So I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm down to just collecting unemployment and being stuck with doctor bills.

Oh, crap. That really sucks.

Wish I could give you some more encouragement.

I seem to remember those restrictions when I had my motorcycle. One of the reasons my wife made me get rid of it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Oh, crap. That really sucks.

Wish I could give you some more encouragement.

I seem to remember those restrictions when I had my motorcycle. One of the reasons my wife made me get rid of it.

What I'm realizing is, as an adult working at UPS, you are not allowed to have fun when off the clock.

I may have to start a GoFundMe account to get the money to pay for all my bills. Which I would hate to do because I am not a mooch and that's what that feels like to me. It would be a last ditch resort.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Anti-gravity beam to lift packages. Tazer for annoying dogs, customers, and management. Frequency beam to change traffic lights. Siren sound to part traffic. Death ray for when you just "Don't care anymore". If you are going to dream, dream big.

trickpony1

Cementups-
Is there actual language referring to getting hurt on an ATV? How about skiing, scuba diving, skydiving, bicycling, rowing.......
I guess I didn't know there were restrictions on what we can do at home.

Are you in CS?

ibleedbrown

collect dna for a signature, all the customer has to do is spit on the diad!

diad doubles as a tazer in case you get chased by a dog or upset customer.

diad doubles as a flask and e-cig.

diad has a swiss army knife on side.

diad has camera so you can facetime on car sups and show them if something is wrong.

diad doubles as a megaphone so you can loudly announce ups upon arrival.

clean hairy

When a message comes in from the Center, a sound comes from it, and along with the text on the screen, it tells you audibly what the message is.
You can then respond by voice,also shows as text not having to type in your reply on the keypad.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Let you know right away if you have any intercepts after getting EDD in the morning.
Most of the intercepts should be taken care of by preload. If there is one on it the package won't scan right. Most of the intercepts start trickling in around noon.

I'm surprised all of the posts about an iPhone based set up. Can you just imagine all the damaged DIADs that would come through.

I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned anything about a QWERTY keyboard. Sure you get used to the ABC, but it seems a QWERTY would be more natural for new guys.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've thoughts similar to yours. Battery life would be the problem if it were iPhone based. If they have a battery pack like the ones at the Apple Store then that may solve the problem. I would have it on a belt clip but the scanner would be a bluetooth ring scanner. You would still use the screen to acquire signatures and touchscreen QWERTY keypad as the iPhone already has. Also, keep it open so that could text sups and other drivers (monitored communication, work talk only), thus eliminating drivers needing their own phones on the job (except for emergency purposes)

DIAD 5 has the ability for driver to communicate with one another.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I'm realizing is, as an adult working at UPS, you are not allowed to have fun when off the clock.

I may have to start a GoFundMe account to get the money to pay for all my bills. Which I would hate to do because I am not a mooch and that's what that feels like to me. It would be a last ditch resort.

Did you know that you can call your creditors and that many will work with you to either lower (interest only?) or defer your payments until you return to work?