Ideas needed for NDA 10:30 commits

DS

Fenderbender
Sorry, couldn't see this.

DS, I think the most effective way of knowing would be for your loader to leave all the NDA 10:30/12:00 commits outside for you to load. I also find it intriguing that you have telematics and don't have PAS.
Steve,this would be a good idea except the preloader could still miss a few NDA and load them in the car and it's still my word against theirs.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Even with PAS/EDD our set has our loader put ALL NDA's under the belt in totes. I want to see and touch every one of them and match with entries in my DIAD before I leave the building. We actually have a good loader for the first time in years and he actually wants to learn!! He'll ask us what we want and he tries to do so. We have had NDA's sequenced up to 2999 and when you have loaders (not all but some) that are incapable of loading in sequential order you are asking for trouble.

What font size is that? Office Depot?

Random_Facts

Since we are not using EDD,there are NO pal labels,they do things the old fashioned way,load charts.

Oh, gotcha. Sorry about that, my mistake! Load charts sucked big time. Especially trying to memorize 200street names in a week time. Then being moved to another truck route to memorize more route numbers. I'm surprised UPS didn't switch completely to the Pal labels yet. What will they do next, I'm afraid to know haha.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,this would be a good idea except the preloader could still miss a few NDA and load them in the car and it's still my word against theirs.
That's true, so what you do to curtail that is go to your supe/center manager and tell them that this is your plan to stop NDA from being loaded into the wrong spot. This will make your center manager/Supe know that you are trying your best, while putting your preloader on notice, as well. You have now put the responsibilty for the misloads back where it belongs.

I don't have a problem with misloaded air. My problem is with misloads for the car next to me, and they are 99% ground. The problem has gotten to the point where they send someone else into the car, after the car is wrapped up, to search the load for misloads.

What font size is that? Office Depot?
LOL, you ain't kidding.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I would have the preloader leave all commit packages outside. When you get there make a list of all your commit packages and have a supervisor verify the actual with the list. Make them a copy so they know what you have, this way they know exactly what your leaving with and cannot blame you for something late thats not on the list.

helenofcalifornia

Have the preloader circle the NDA air level of service on the letter/box. (Of course, only on the ones with the 10:30/noon commit times.) When you find a "lost" NDA with no circle around the service level. you are off the hook. Obviously the preloader did not recognize it as a NDA. No circle on the package, no problem for you. This has worked at our center.

I would have the preloader leave all commit packages outside. When you get there make a list of all your commit packages and have a supervisor verify the actual with the list. Make them a copy so they know what you have, this way they know exactly what your leaving with and cannot blame you for something late thats not on the list.

Have the preloader circle the NDA air level of service on the letter/box. (Of course, only on the ones with the 10:30/noon commit times.) When you find a "lost" NDA with no circle around the service level. you are off the hook. Obviously the preloader did not recognize it as a NDA. No circle on the package, no problem for you. This has worked at our center.
Combine these two, put the monkey where it belongs. Take your steward with you to talk to the center manager about your solution suggestions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This would work well but DS has to deal with a lot of internationals and it is not as easy to quickly identify the service levels on those.

I think the best thing is for the loader to leave them all by the rear of the PC so that DS can load them where he prefers.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There is no list, DS is still Pre-PAS, though this is a good idea.

+1

Combine these two, put the monkey where it belongs. Take your steward with you to talk to the center manager about your solution suggestions.
Better yet!

This would work well but DS has to deal with a lot of internationals and it is not as easy to quickly identify the service levels on those.

I think the best thing is for the loader to leave them all by the rear of the PC so that DS can load them where he prefers.
If that's the case, you've identified the preloaders problem and they would need to be re-trained so that this stops happening. I think leaving everything in the rear is a good start and should be brought to the center manager/Supe's attention. This way DS is in the clear and the problem will finally be solved.

I hope this response wasn't too jovial for your taste, Upstate. I'd hate to put you in a tizzy before you start your day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are six international service levels which are identified by letters A-friend in descending order of priority. A preloader in a hurry to wrap up his cars may mistake a C, which has a 3pm commit, with a B, which has a 10:30am commit, thus causing a possible service failure.

Leave the air out and let the driver take care of them.

helenofcalifornia

I think that the preloader is missing the NDA level or international level of service on the box. They are so intent on getting their trucks clean, they miss it and treat it as ground. (easy to do) So s/he would load only those that he recognizes as air at the back of the truck. The problem is with the preloader and not with the driver. Very unrealistic to expect DS to look through his truck at 10:15 for missing air. We are told to go through our truck at about 2:30 to look for business stops that might not make service. What happened today?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thats why I said Make a list!!!
Ha Ha Ha, do you really expect the PRELOADER to make a list? Do you also expect the [-]overlord[/-], err, preload supe, to stand there and watch the preloader make said list?

I think that the preloader is missing the NDA level or international level of service on the box. They are so intent on getting their trucks clean, they miss it and treat it as ground. (easy to do) So s/he would load only those that he recognizes as air at the back of the truck. The problem is with the preloader and not with the driver. Very unrealistic to expect DS to look through his truck at 10:15 for missing air. We are told to go through our truck at about 2:30 to look for business stops that might not make service. What happened today?
Inquiring minds want to know!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Ha Ha Ha, do you really expect the PRELOADER to make a list? Do you also expect the [-]overlord[/-], err, preload supe, to stand there and watch the preloader make said list?

Inquiring minds want to know!

No, and if you reread my original post I think you will understand I am telling the driver to make a list of all his air, with a supervisor verifying the list so they know what you have and your arse is covered.

bigbrownhen

That is one of the bennifits of PAS, all stops are pre-recorded and you have the commits right there in front of you first thing. Makes it so easy to check and set up air. Saves so much time.

If this can't be resolved in the pre-load then grgrcr88's idea may be the only option. It will create proof of what air DS has to deliver, so if one is found in the load later his rear is covered.

I hear ya Steve on the mis-loads. It happens in my area as well. Most of the time, the drivers in my loop are close enough we can either deliver or meet up to exchange. It can be a pain though. We have even less time to deal with it now.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have PAS and I still make a list. I write down my air stops on an info notice and slap it on the windshield. I do it after I get EDD. (Off the clock of course).:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have PAS and I still make a list. I write down my air stops on an info notice and slap it on the windshield. I do it after I get EDD. (Off the clock of course).:wink2:

You can save the hassle of writing them down by asking either your dispatch sup or OMS to print out your NDA list for you. They print them for us in our center whenever we start having a problem with late air.

helenofcalifornia

That's funny to me that they print them out for you. Our center has a chronic paper shortage where they can not order paper. (Or should I say, they don't have enough money to order enough paper.) You have to sneek around when no OMS or supe is around to print something that you will use that day while out working. Funny company.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You can save the hassle of writing them down by asking either your dispatch sup or OMS to print out your NDA list for you. They print them for us in our center whenever we start having a problem with late air.

I didn't know this. The only problem is the sticking it on the windshield part.