Ideas to create more 22.3 FT jobs

BrownChoice

One of the many that come to mind is preload, then do shuttles/ missloads. With the amount of late air ups seems to be experiencing the shuttling of the air is also thrown into the air. I have been averaging 38 hours a week since january 1st, so what gives?

Either way, Ups doing this would benefit many a part timers looking for more than just 4 hours of "scheduled" work when a FT package driver job just may not be their thing, but like the assortment one would get if the company and union made this a priority.

If you wanted to benefit the PTers, why not raise the starting wage above the minimum wage with health care after gaining seniority. UPS could eliminate misloads by giving the Preloaders enough time to do their job correctly. UPS wants to eliminate Art. 22.3 jobs. Not create more.

BrownChoice

If you wanted to benefit the PTers, why not raise the starting wage above the minimum wage with health care after gaining seniority. UPS could eliminate misloads by giving the Preloaders enough time to do their job correctly. UPS wants to eliminate Art. 22.3 jobs. Not create more.

Yes, unfortunately I am well aware the company seeks to eliminate the combination FT jobs.

I was just trying to make conversation on the work already available and being done on a daily basis by part timers.

If you are averaging 38 hours a week you had better hope they do not bid the job as FT. I and several of my PT co workers are in the same situation as you and we have agreed that the job would most likely go to a current ART 22.3 or a package car driver.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Finally got my benefits after waiting a darn year, I SAY let's leave it the way it is lol.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you are averaging 38 hours a week you had better hope they do not bid the job as FT. I and several of my PT co workers are in the same situation as you and we have agreed that the job would most likely go to a current ART 22.3 or a package car driver.

If he has been averaging 38 hours/week since the first of January, some fulltimer in his building should be grieving to have the job put on permanently.

Our building has 2 porter/PM letter box pick up routes. The trouble is all the porters work day hours and the building works 24 hours. So the building is clean 8 hours out of 24.

BrownChoice

If he has been averaging 38 hours/week since the first of January, some fulltimer in his building should be grieving to have the job put on permanently.

I guarantee you I have. The calculator doesn't lie and neither do I. Fortunately they are hiring FT now just not what I'd prefer.