Idle time

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Remember to stay hydrated.
Gotta-Stay-Hydrated.jpg

Re-Raise

I can see I'll show up on the excessive idling report Tuesday morning. Between -25 and -40 tomorrow with the wind. Can't wait!!
I tell my customers when the UPS Inclement Weather Policy is in effect, I will pull up out front; honk the horn; bring the package to the side door for them to retrieve.

(I tried to use semi-colons even though I have no idea how)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
According to the weather channel at 5AM Monday morning it's going to be 5 below here with a windchill of 27 below.

Here is the chart from the National Weather Service showing wind chills and how long it takes to get frostbite:
windchill.gif

Limper

Out For Delivery
I think we should all run up idle time. Especially this
week with the cold weather.

Remember the words of Ben Franklin......"we all must hang together, or most assuredly we will hang separately"

ManInBrown

I've been idling on meal every day for last 3 weeks. I'm not gonna freeze my A*s off for 60 minutes everyday. It's bad enough I am freezing the other 10 hours.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anybody ever hear of a package car gelling up? Last time it got really cold, some trucks (not ours) quit, along with a few VW TDI's on my route.

iowa boy

Anybody ever hear of a package car gelling up? Last time it got really cold, some trucks (not ours) quit, along with a few VW TDI's on my route.

When it gets down below about 15 here, we are told to put diesel treatment in the tank when we fuel to keep them from gelling up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"do as I say, not as I do."

im sure if they could do this job ( and they cant, that's why they are in management ) their idle time would be twice yours at below zero weather.