Idle time

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It's unbelievable how quick these trucks lose heat when you take your lunch break.
That never happens that quick to anyone's personal vehicle.
It takes like 15 minutes of idling to get the heat back up to pre-lunch conditions.
frz.gif
Aluminum sheds heat very fast and there is virtually no insulation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would hope you all did. Reports be damned.

I am in the city so it is much easier to find a warm place to take my break. I usually go home but lately I have been going to Dunkin' Donuts.

Our center manager drove for 12 years in Vermont so he is very familiar with working in the cold and snow. The directive was obviously coming from above his pay grade.

Packmule

They complain about a second here or there, then buy trucks that have to idle high for 15-20 minutes to regen. They also have time studies on certain routes that are so loose, they're giving away $20,000 a year in bonus to drivers that are smooth, but not that ridiculously fast.what's the term? Swallow an elephant, choke on a gnat.

calcio56

I have been pulling it to a curb and turning my front wheels into it. Turn off the truck, get out of driver seat, buckle driver seat belt, turn on truck, shift into drive....chill

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have been pulling it to a curb and turning my front wheels into it. Turn off the truck, get out of driver seat, buckle driver seat belt, turn on truck, shift into drive....chill
You don't need to do all that and buckling the seatbelt when you're not in it can be considered dishonesty as you're intentionally trying to deceive.
Also if the engine revs and hops the curve you're going to have a runaway/accident.

I seem to recall someone saying telematics counts idle time as when the vehicle's RPMs are under x revolutions, whether you're in park or drive, so when you're in park and giving it a little gas to get the engine to warm up it may not add to the idle counter and conversely if you're in drive but stopped at a light for an extended period it supposedly adds to the idle counter.

I wouldn't get out of my seat with the truck in drive and definitely wouldn't mess with the seatbelt/sensor. That's asking for trouble.

alwaysoverallowed

Has anyone been disciplined excessive ideal time. In our center a couple of guys have been called out on it but I don't think anything has happened. Also it isn't about saving fuel it's about tracking production.

wayfair

swollen member
Has anyone been disciplined excessive ideal time. In our center a couple of guys have been called out on it but I don't think anything has happened. Also it isn't about saving fuel it's about tracking production.

one runner/gunner had 4 hours of idle time=nothing said
regular guy=suspension threatened