If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

Irishman Collins

Local 89 ballots will be counted soon and I think their supplement is going down in flames! If it goes down the I.B.T. will find themselves in a bigger quagmire than before the vote. It is my understanding that 89 has asked for strike authorization from the I.B.T. If this is granted there will be a strike authorization vote next. If 2/3rds of the members who voted vote for strike authorization then local 89 can strike at will. So at that point either the company comes back to the table to negotiate or 89 will be walking the line. The interesting thing here is, who will flinch first, the company or 89. My money is on the company. 89 seems very strong in their resolve and the company has way to much to lose if 89 goes on strike. In addition, what will the I.B.T. do if 89 walks? Will they support the strike and pull us all out or will they continue to play politics with 89? We will see, but trust me this will be a very interesting dynamic.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The IBT will never support a strike. After the 89 deal gets overwhelmingly turned down tomorrow, UPS with the support of the IBT will impasse the contract on Louisville, Western Penn and Philadelphia. That would mark the end of a long fought battle with the mighty empire Big Brown that the members will lose to big brown thanks to the assistance of the IBT.

The next thing to do is start organizing for 2016 and get behind the Zuckerman/Pope Slate to oust the Hall/O'Brien Slate. If we UPSers want any chance of recuperating the concessions of the past contracts in the 2018 negotiations we need to get behind Zuckerman/Pope. If you want more concessions you all know who to vote for.

phester7

does anyone know or have any clue when the new contract will be passed, i mean its mean months and all im hearing is for me or others to become full time drivers we need drivers to retire, and they wont be doing that until the contract is passed. im in local 804 so we had our own stuff going on but still does any one have any idea of a time table?????

Irishman Collins

Moartape, you are right but what makes this different is the company gave it's last and final proposal to 89, hence the reason they asked for strike authorization.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

does anyone know or have any clue when the new contract will be passed, i mean its mean months and all im hearing is for me or others to become full time drivers we need drivers to retire, and they wont be doing that until the contract is passed. im in local 804 so we had our own stuff going on but still does any one have any idea of a time table?????
While I can certainly understand your dilemma. I dont believe this will be over for quite some time. 89 and the remaining Pennsylvania supplements seem to be solid and will keep voting their supplements down untill there issues are met.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

The IBT will never support a strike. After the 89 deal gets overwhelmingly turned down tomorrow, UPS with the support of the IBT will impasse the contract on Louisville, Western Penn and Philadelphia. That would mark the end of a long fought battle with the mighty empire Big Brown that the members will lose to big brown thanks to the assistance of the IBT.

The next thing to do is start organizing for 2016 and get behind the Zuckerman/Pope Slate to oust the Hall/O'Brien Slate. If we UPSers want any chance of recuperating the concessions of the past contracts in the 2018 negotiations we need to get behind Zuckerman/Pope. If you want more concessions you all know who to vote for.
Unless there is something I am missing I dont believe the I.B.T. can just impose this contract on anyone unless their supplement passes. The constitution seems to be quite clear on this issue. The only way for the I.B.T. to impose this contract on 89 is if the yes for strike authorization vote is less than two thirds of the people who voted.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Unless there is something I am missing I dont believe the I.B.T. can just impose this contract on anyone unless their supplement passes. The constitution seems to be quite clear on this issue. The only way for the I.B.T. to impose this contract on 89 is if the yes for strike authorization vote is less than two thirds of the people who voted.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The other thing, just the mere mention of the word strike puts the customers in a tail spin. The company can't afford to lose big customers like Amazon. I think if it goes down again this contract will be in "limbo land" We may never see our back pay and this contract may never be finalized and I personally am good with both. This contract is sub par and needs to be put in "limbo land"

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

The IBT will deny the authorization vote and will declare an impasse, directing the local to accept the last proposal as their supplement.
Unless there is something I am missing and believe me I am not an expert on the constitution. Where in the constitution does it permit the I.B.T. to impose the contract by not granting strike authorization?

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Does anyone think there is a coincidence between L804 situation, and this vote happening today? Not that this vote will be rigged, but that IBT promised that they would not authorize a strike at any local or supplement in regards to this contract. Just a thought.

HubBub

Amazing how we all know Zuckerman's name now. It's almost as if that was actual goal of 89's stonewalling...

Jungle boy dee

What did pope/zuckerman do for 804 terminated drivers?????? Nothing nada no where to be seen. Thats what 250 and plus will see They aint going no more but to Kfc to the 20 piece special

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What did pope/zuckerman do for 804 terminated drivers?????? Nothing nada no where to be seen. Thats what 250 and plus will see They aint going no more but to Kfc to the 20 piece special

Why would either of them get involved in the actions of 804? And if it were possible for them to do anything, what did YOU do to get involved to save these drivers?

Its easy to talk smack when you dont know how things work.

Lets keep the 804 issue into perspective. The IBT intervened and sat there taking two blacks eyes but restoring the drivers. Time served for the drivers and restitution for the company.

Here is halls photo leaving the negotiations with UPS...
KeithKirk--_th8t.jpg

TOS.