If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

Theking30

SHORTY
Only a supplement? If it is just a little old none meaning full supplement, why is it holding up the ratification of the national. I think local 89 is one of the biggest locals. It they push this supplement down their throat. Could be trouble?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Did I hear this right? The International didn't file the paperwork on time to allow local 89 to strike?

Who's side is the International on? UPS or local 89?

The International should be duty bound to file the paperwork to strike on time to give local 89 more leverage in their on going negotiations with UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The International is on the side of the 334,000 members not in Local 89.

There will be no strike. The International will step in and do the right thing for the Union as a whole.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

The International is on the side of the 334,000 members not in Local 89.

There will be no strike. The International will step in and do the right thing for the Union as a whole.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I thought the International was suppose to be on all of our sides. Not picking which teamsters they will back and which teamsters they won't back.

Local 89 needed that strike authorization in order to get UPS to take their negotiations seriously.

You are just in it for UpstateNYUPSer. All about you.

That's why nobody on here likes you.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I thought the International was suppose to be on all of our sides. Not picking which teamsters they will back and which teamsters they won't back.

Local 89 needed that strike authorization in order to get UPS to take their negotiations seriously.

I like UPSTATE, his posts are well thought out, from what I have read of his posts he doesn't wear blinders when speaking about the union (union is right period!) or beats the drum for management.

No hate here...

Spicybrother

Did I hear this right? The International didn't file the paperwork on time to allow local 89 to strike?

Who's side is the International on? UPS or local 89?

The International should be duty bound to file the paperwork to strike on time to give local 89 more leverage in their on going negotiations with UPS.
Hmmm. This would give the union the ability to force the supplement. I see that it is a valid threat as TDU, which I am not a member, is having a conference call.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
The majority will rule, the one that chose not to vote. Actions, or lack thereof, speak volumes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I thought the International was suppose to be on all of our sides. Not picking which teamsters they will back and which teamsters they won't back. Don't like it? Shouldn't have spent the last year doing nothing.

When hundreds of thousands of teamsters have voted yes, and a couple thousand continue to vote no, I would hope that the IBT would support the vast majority.

We're all in it for ourselves. Nobody is here to babysit your needs. Anybody who says different is selling something.

realbrown1

When hundreds of thousands of teamsters have voted yes, and a couple thousand continue to vote no, I would hope that the IBT would support the vast majority.

We're all in it for ourselves. Nobody is here to babysit your needs. Anybody who says different is selling something.

I would hope that the IBT would support all of us teamsters.

Most of our contracts are settled. Let's support the remaining locals that are still in negotiations, so that they may get what they want and we will all be winners.

We need to stop telling them to settle for less than they want just so we can get our raise and retro sooner than later.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I like UPSTATE, his posts are well thought out, from what I have read of his posts he doesn't wear blinders when speaking about the union (union is right period!) or beats the drum for management.

No hate here...

He may have a well thought out post, but some times he's wrong in what he posts. No wonder you like him, he's just like management.

Ouch

realbrown1 said:
I would hope that the IBT would support all of us teamsters.

Most of our contracts are settled. Let's support the remaining locals that are still in negotiations, so that they may get what they want and we will all be winners.

We need to stop telling them to settle for less than they want just so we can get our raise and retro sooner than later.
Absolutely. Our brothers and sisters are fighting for what they believe in. Let them take the fight to the company. It will not just be a win on a settlement but rather a win to show the company they are willing to fight for what they believe in.