If 89 votes no again, pay attention!

Sick of what? Not having a contract. Customers asking when this thing will be over. We all look like a bunch of big babies to the outside world. We make more than the average person and that the only thing most people care to hear about..."You make how much money and still complaining?" Is the kind of stuff I'm sick of
One day you will learn, Grasshopper....maybe

CharleyHustle

This vote also counted as a strike authorization. It doesn't mean a strike, just authorizes the union to strike if they decide to.

How could it not mean a strike? The company has given its "last and best and final", they aren't going back to the table. They either have to strike or risk being locked out. If they are locked out would packages coming out of Worldport be considered "struck goods"?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How could it not mean a strike? The company has given its "last and best and final", they aren't going back to the table. They either have to strike or risk being locked out. If they are locked out would packages coming out of Worldport be considered "struck goods"?

Simmer down Norma Rae. There will be no strike authorization vote, strike, lock out or struck goods. The Union will direct the Local to accept the "last and best and final" and the Company will move to settle the remaining two supplements and the 705/710 NMA.

oldngray

nowhere special

UPS always says "last best offer" but its almost never accurate. UPS will make another offer and they will vote again I think.

10 point

Sick of what? Not having a contract. Customers asking when this thing will be over. We all look like a bunch of big babies to the outside world. We make more than the average person and that the only thing most people care to hear about..."You make how much money and still complaining?" Is the kind of stuff I'm sick of
Never had one customer ask about our contract and I've run metro routes.

They have asked why supervisors like you are so rude when they ride with drivers.

I tell them that you have a diaper pin lose, it sticks you and that's why you cry.

10 point

Simmer down Norma Rae. There will be no strike authorization vote, strike, lock out or struck goods. The Union will direct the Local to accept the "last and best and final" and the Company will move to settle the remaining two supplements and the 705/710 NMA.
Applying the law of averages to your predictions lately I'd say you've earned another brilliant FAIL.

710 steward

Upstate

You are absolutely mistaken if you believe the the IBT will step in and force this contract. It was voted down by 94%. Not one leader in their right mind remotely steps in to tell that majority they are wrong. How do we as a union say to our fellow Teamster partners that 6% of you got it right? The bottom line is that this is a horrible contract and those of us that are left are going to get a better deal than what Hoffa/Hall settled for in their weak attempt.