If a raise occurs on a vacation week, does your early vacation check reflect that new rate?

JL 0513

Tried to get it all in the title. Anyone remember a case like this and had their raise in the vacation check that is issued 2 weeks early? Talking a $500+ difference in the scenario of going from the 2nd year rate to top rate day 1 of vacation. Thanks for any insight.

JL 0513

I'm sure if UPS can figure out a way to screw up your check they will do so.

I've had a few times where I didn't even get my vacation check on time.

But to my question, is you new rate supposed to be reflected even if the raise is on vacation.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Tried to get it all in the title. Anyone remember a case like this and had their raise in the vacation check that is issued 2 weeks early? Talking a $500+ difference in the scenario of going from the 2nd year rate to top rate day 1 of vacation. Thanks for any insight.
They did it on purpose to screw you out of the $$. Give a copy of your check to them and tell them you want the correct new pay rate. If they give you any hassle , get with your BA and file a grievance, asking for penalty pay ..that should get the ball rolling.

JL 0513

They did it on purpose to screw you out of the $$. Give a copy of your check to them and tell them you want the correct new pay rate. If they give you any hassle , get with your BA and file a grievance, asking for penalty pay ..that should get the ball rolling.

Scenario hasn't occurred yet. I'm asking so I know what to expect.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You better give Chuckster back his avatar. You're being way too helpful.

JL 0513

Thanks. I assumed it would be but you never know. I had a sense of doubt because of the 2 week early issue.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
This actually just happened to me. I scheduled a vacation for the week after my seniority date (just reached top rate!) and my vacation check was paid early at top rate even though I was still working at $21.45 when I got it

reginald95

Your vacation check gets paid out based on the average weekly earnings. It's either an average of the last year or average of the last few months. Only option days, option weeks, fhps, sick days get paid at 8 hr per day x rate of pay.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Your vacation check gets paid out based on the average weekly earnings. It's either an average of the last year or average of the last few months. Only option days, option weeks, fhps, sick days get paid at 8 hr per day x rate of pay.
Maybe at fedex.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Maybe at fedex.
Just done a different way, in his Supplement. It's also sometimes negotiated that way for drivers that get paid per mile instead of per hour, or some states pay unemployment or workmen's comp in a similar fashion.

EasyTrucker

That sounds better than our supplement. We get paid 45 straight hours for our vacations.