If Bush Supporters Are To Be Consistent, They'll Have To Vote Obama in 2012'

wkmac

[video=youtube;j8yt5zlocaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8yt5zlocaE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

curiousbrain

Personally, I think the premise is a valid one, although I do think the case laid out in the video was a bit ... how you say ... a lot like ice cream: easily melted.

Maybe it's just the mood I am in, but it seemed that there could have been a more solid case beyond the repeated narrative of "Bush/Obama kept us safe;" while it's true that that was an oft repeated reason under Bush, I would have been happier for a more substantive case.

Then again, the video wasn't made to please some guy on some forum in some corner of the internet.

wkmac

Personally, I think the premise is a valid one, although I do think the case laid out in the video was a bit ... how you say ... a lot like ice cream: easily melted.

Maybe it's just the mood I am in, but it seemed that there could have been a more solid case beyond the repeated narrative of "Bush/Obama kept us safe;" while it's true that that was an oft repeated reason under Bush, I would have been happier for a more substantive case.

Then again, the video wasn't made to please some guy on some forum in some corner of the internet.

I think the vid was made to rub salt in a festering wound, you know, for the same reason it got posted here too!

:winks:

curiousbrain

the bush supporters couldnt vote McCain in why would you think they could do anything for Obama.

Without speaking for wkmac, my own interpretation was that the thread title/video was to illustrate the point that the same reasons why Bush was supported by the conservative base are still valid under Obama: defense, terrorism, foreign wars, enhanced interrogation, etc. Except, he is not a Republican; thus, ironical humor.

Ya think? In my mind there is not doubt that was the intention. The flaw I see is that when anyone says" ________ has kept us safe", they are obviously talking about invasion from within by foreign forces. Not about economic collapse. So when that door is kicked in the rest of the house falls.

curiousbrain

Ya think? In my mind there is not doubt that was the intention. [...]

I've learned to tread lightly, is all; so I didn't want to make any assumption about who meant what.

[...] The flaw I see is that when anyone says" ________ has kept us safe", they are obviously talking about invasion from within by foreign forces. Not about economic collapse. So when that door is kicked in the rest of the house falls.

I agree.

Last edited by a moderator: