If DIAD VI follows the pattern...

badpal

Do any of you have a picture of the old time 1da or 2da labels? The ones where we had too remove the inner serrated portion . write down receivers name and time delivered and turn in at night. And caught heck for not doing it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do any of you have a picture of the old time 1da or 2da labels? The ones where we had too remove the inner serrated portion . write down receivers name and time delivered and turn in at night. And caught heck for not doing it.

No but I did like the fact that we never had "late" air back then. :)

oldupsman

They must have. I distinctly remember we had the same driver for my entire childhood, and every time we got a delivery he rang the bell and it required a signature. Pretty sure we weren't a no DR household. LOL. Maybe some packages were DR'ed and I just remember signing for ones that required. Who can remember. Come to think of it, I'm talking 25-30 years ago. I was probably signing a piece of paper. And later on DIAD1 when I got a little older

That's correct. When I started every package had to be signed for. No exceptions. Now some packages had what was called
a release number. Then you would write down the release number in the signature area.

badpal

Time has addled my brain , but seems like when we first started delivering nda it was sig required for sure. Can remember running rural routes and driving one or 2 miles in opposite direction trying to pawn off on a neighbor. But seems new dr rules shortly thereafter.

10 point

No wonder the V is already so old fashioned.

Amazing how long UPS takes to roll out anything new. Orion is taking like 5 years to get across the county.

The future of the company concerns me.
[/QUOTE]
When they gotta do some buildings multiple times it slows things down?

badpal

This is probably why it took me so long to get into the game. Can't imagine doing this, or using platt (sp?) books to find rurals. Sure the stop counts are higher, but I guess this simpleton will take the V & DRing over paper & send agains.
I have said for years the greatest change to come to UPS was the government doing the 911 system in the country and giving addresses in small towns. ED or ORION could never work without that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I started driving in '84, we used the first style NDA labels and had a 3PM commit time. I was on an industrial park route and could deliver everything on trace if I wanted to. It was a tight area and I ran all my air first since we were pushing the service then. We had Driver Release on residentials also.

DOK

2015-broadband-tech-summit-todd-westberg-ups-presentation-11-638.jpg

1. Are we looking at a DROID sized board? Or is the DIAD V here to stay...

2. Did the 1990 one come with a backpack?

It will be smartphone size would be my guess. I've seen a local office supply delivery company using them, he scans, they sign, just like ours but the size of the new iPhones.

upsgrunt

"Rolling" packages as they say, bringing them back to the hub w/o attempting delivery... Not literally. :laugh:

That is grounds for immediate firing, and the union can do nothing to save you. I would applaud a firing like that, and taunt the offender on the way out.