If Hoffa/Hall want a yes vote...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Go Away Little Girl!!! Good song....good title....applies here !!

At least when I post a political cartoon I don't have to ask others what it might mean !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The healthcare industry, if left unchecked, would have eventually bankrupted this country.

I posted this statement as I truly believe the healthcare industry was in dire need of reform. These were my own thoughts.

al5bif.jpg

In turn, you posted a collection of the thoughts of others. Does this mean that you have no thoughts of your own on the subject or that you lack the ability to express those thoughts in written form? Would it have been that difficult for you to say, "Dave, I disagree with you, and this is why........"?

moreluck

golden ticket member
The AFFORDABLE (?) Care Act........will be well beyond any bankrupt system that was in place......this is my original thought........the picture is worth a 1000 of my words.....HENCE I decided to use it.

I've mentioned to wcmac before I can't read the red print......so you put everything in red.....whatever.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
The AFFORDABLE (?) Care Act........will be well beyond any bankrupt system that was in place......this is my original thought........the picture is worth a 1000 of my words.....HENCE I decided to use it.

I've mentioned to wcmac before I can't read the red print......so you put everything in red.....whatever.

LOL. And the current system hasn't bankrupt - or pushed thousands to the verge of bankruptcy - of community-subsidized hospitals? For many conservatives, it isn't about the money. It's about restricting access.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It won't be fully implemented 'til 2020........see if the "lol" is still there then for you!!

I agree that the current system can't survive, but Obamacare is not the cure.......it's worse.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nothing he's written is true. UPS began charging non-union employees for their health insurance many years ago -- long before Obama or RomneyCare came to fruition, and during a Republican-controlled Administration. Hoffa/Hall could've negotiated the status quo benefit package for less than what non-union employees -- including all managerial -- are paying. But Hoffa/Hall insisted on similar, no-cost benefits and designed a proposal that they feel will get it done. The Teamsters had little choice -- they had no bargaining chips and they certainly didn't want to strike.

Honestly, it astounds me how many people live in Fantasy Land in which UPS was willing to pay drivers $75/hour with the same no-cost benefit package. Stop being closed minded, and look at facts.

​Actually it was under Bill Clinton about 1993 or 94 as I recall.