if hoffa win

mamirk69

Some people kill me with predictions and what they think they know based on what happens on a local level. What happens on a local level and a national level are two seperate events. Looking at the regions will play a part in how this election will pan out. There were strong turn out numbers from the east and the midwest in the first week. These numbers can be significant for each candidate while the west coast numbers were flat and that can translate into swing votes. It is really hard to gauge who is going to win simply because of the derivatives that are in play. Split votes based on Gegare and Hoffa past relationship will determine alot. Did Pope base supporters vote and did she gain any of the Hoffa and Gegare supporters?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some people kill me with predictions and what they think they know based on what happens on a local level. What happens on a local level and a national level are two seperate events. Looking at the regions will play a part in how this election will pan out. There were strong turn out numbers from the east and the midwest in the first week. These numbers can be significant for each candidate while the west coast numbers were flat and that can translate into swing votes. It is really hard to gauge who is going to win simply because of the derivatives that are in play. Split votes based on Gegare and Hoffa past relationship will determine alot. Did Pope base supporters vote and did she gain any of the Hoffa and Gegare supporters?

I have been on both the local level and national level, my friend. I can speak about the process because I have been a part of the process since 1991.

What you clearly dont understand is "TRENDING"... We create trending charts from every election at every level. If you want to win a teamster election, this information is critical.

Maybe you believe running around making promises to people who dont vote is the way to understand elections?

The key to winning is to understand where the votes come from, and what numbers are involved.

In the east, we will see what percentage of votes actually came in and by what percentage they voted for Pope and then compare that to Leedhams historical tallies.

That will tell if Popes message was heard or rejected. If she manages to get the same votes as Leedham, then shes toast in the future.

In order for Popes message to be a positive one, she would have to take 50% of the general vote, Gregare would have to take 2% and Hoffa left at 48%. This would show that the rank and file listened to her message and she swayed 5% from Hoffa supporters and THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

In WLA district, there are 11 hubs. This is Hoffa country. So, lets say 10000 votes for Hoffa came from so cal alone, YOU and your hubs in your district who support POPE would have to match those 10000 votes just to be scratch.

Now, include Nor Cal and those numbers get higher that you have to match. It goes on from there in the west.

At any rate, we will see how the numbers play out. We can discuss the outcome afterwards.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mamirk69.....see, you don't understand.......that is TOS's M.O.

First, you don't know. Secondly, you don't understand and third...oh, wait, what was that, um it's on the tip of my tongue....damn a Rick Perry moment!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So its California's fault that we have an ineffective union president that can't increase membership and organize Fedex. Not that we had much of a choice with the other two candidates.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mamirk69.....see, you don't understand.......that is TOS's M.O.

First, you don't know. Secondly, you don't understand and third...oh, wait, what was that, um it's on the tip of my tongue....damn a Rick Perry moment!!

Do you even belong in this thread? Talk about not understanding, This is a discussion about Teamster elections. Something you dont know anything about.

No room in this thread for Obama bashing, sorry.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So its California's fault that we have an ineffective union president that can't increase membership and organize Fedex. Not that we had much of a choice with the other two candidates.

Ya, its Hoffas fault the US CONGRESS hasnt changed Fedex classification.

Your right, theres the case breaker!

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UPDATE:

As of 330 PM pacific time, the voting has HOFFA leading with 60% of the vote and Pope / Gegare splitting the other 40%.

Its early, but trending shows a blowout for HOFFA!

Stay tuned! I will update as further results are relayed to me from the International!

GO HOFFA!

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The south ballots have been counted and the numbers arent good for Sandy Pope as of 615PM pst.

Hoffa with 6132votes or 59%
Pope with 2156 votes or 20%
Fred with 2062 votes or 20%

So far, Hoffa is better than the 53% I predicted but surprisingly, Pope and Gegare are splitting the desention votes pretty equally.

See here at this link for election results:
• Hoffa-Hall 2011 •

Lets see what tomorrow brings! Trends are important!

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The numbers just keep getting better for HOFFA...!

Looks like a blowout at this point with one region counted if trends stay the same!

Peace.

John19841

The numbers just keep getting better for HOFFA...!

Looks like a blowout at this point with one region counted if trends stay the same!

Peace.

Not to come off as an ass or anything, but why are you so excited? Maybe it's just me, but the last few posts came off as rather annoying...
Like a kid at Christmas, but one who's getting the same gifts year after year after year. More of the same

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not to come off as an ass or anything, but why are you so excited? Maybe it's just me, but the last few posts came off as rather annoying...
Like a kid at Christmas, but one who's getting the same gifts year after year after year. More of the same
Cheering at other's misfortune is TOS's signature style !! Suave, huh?

hypocrisy

Banned
Ya, its Hoffas fault the US CONGRESS hasnt changed Fedex classification.

No doubt. It's pretty sad they couldn't get that changed while the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House. That's why I really don't get that excited about Democrats at the National level being a friend to Labor (and there are serious issues at the State level too, California excepted). Our current contract isn't timed very well for the next election unfortunately.

mamirk69

This is going to be a five day event so let's see how this play out. First and foremost the count has been made for the south and the south only. The south votes stand Sandy 4,284, Hoffa 11,943, and Gegare 4,620. For a grand total of votes 20,847 from the south. Mind you the east alone sent in roughly 33,000 in the first week while the midwest sent in 43,000, and the west 20,000. There is a long ways to go but thus far Hoffa has a commanding lead at least from the South standpoint and this can be expected. As I stated before the midwest, east, and west will be the deciding factors. If Hoffa wins the midwest and that is being counted now, then it will be bleak for the rest of the candidates but if Hoffa loses the midwest and say either Gegare or Sandy pulls it out then this will become interesting and maybe then TOS you can use your trending information since 1991. By the way, what was the trend when Carey won?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is going to be a five day event so let's see how this play out. First and foremost the count has been made for the south and the south only. The south votes stand Sandy 4,284, Hoffa 11,943, and Gegare 4,620. For a grand total of votes 20,847 from the south. Mind you the east alone sent in roughly 33,000 in the first week while the midwest sent in 43,000, and the west 20,000. There is a long ways to go but thus far Hoffa has a commanding lead at least from the South standpoint and this can be expected. As I stated before the midwest, east, and west will be the deciding factors. If Hoffa wins the midwest and that is being counted now, then it will be bleak for the rest of the candidates but if Hoffa loses the midwest and say either Gegare or Sandy pulls it out then this will become interesting and maybe then TOS you can use your trending information since 1991. By the way, what was the trend when Carey won?

Ahh, the great "hope" still lives for Sandy Pope I see! Dont count on it. When you are losing at a 3 to 1 rate, its pretty clear SANDYS message FAILED.

With Sandy and Gegare splitting the vote in the south (where Hoffa has been declared the winner) this shows SANDY POPES message failed to resonate wtih the Rank and File. Both challengers will continue to split the desention vote as Sandys message wasnt even good enough to take votes from Gegare.

The northeast may play out better for pope, but that will be neutralized by the West!

Sorry Mamirk, Game Over. Its all over but the crying. We will see how tomorrows votes play out, but by then , it should be crystal clear by then what the outcome will be.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mamirk,

You said " thus far Hoffa has a commanding lead at least from the South standpoint and this can be expected"

What do you base this on? Your crystal ball in the northeast or the TDU fortune teller?
walter-bibikow-magic-elvis-fortune-telling-machine-peggy-sues-nifty-fifties-diner-yermo-california-usa.jpg

Peace.

over9five

Staff member

The last few????

hypocrisy

Banned
Seems to me that if Pope or Gregare had a chance, it would be in the Central States and so far that hasn't happened. I guess the TDU misinformation about the pension bailout failed to resonate.

mamirk69

Mamirk,

You said " thus far Hoffa has a commanding lead at least from the South standpoint and this can be expected"

What do you base this on? Your crystal ball in the northeast or the TDU fortune teller?
walter-bibikow-magic-elvis-fortune-telling-machine-peggy-sues-nifty-fifties-diner-yermo-california-usa.jpg

Peace.

Funny, that high school education is paying off. Well let me school you TOS. One, the South is all right to work states. A union hall is rather empty for the most part and information is usually lacking. The other two candidates did not waste too much time in the south campaigning so as expected Hoffa was going to win the south but the south is not enough of the pie to influence the overall election. As tallied there were only 20,000 votes not to say the south votes do not count cause they do but it is like the Presidential race depending upon South Dakota electoral votes to win the presidency. Hoffa only has 7,000 votes more than the other two candidates and the process has four days and many more votes to count. This is not enough to get excited about but as I stated before if Hoffa takes the midwest then it will be bleak for the other two candidates.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ahh, the great "hope" still lives for Sandy Pope I see! Dont count on it. When you are losing at a 3 to 1 rate, its pretty clear SANDYS message FAILED.

With Sandy and Gegare splitting the vote in the south (where Hoffa has been declared the winner) this shows SANDY POPES message failed to resonate wtih the Rank and File. Both challengers will continue to split the desention vote as Sandys message wasnt even good enough to take votes from Gegare.

The northeast may play out better for pope, but that will be neutralized by the West!

Sorry Mamirk, Game Over. Its all over but the crying. We will see how tomorrows votes play out, but by then , it should be crystal clear by then what the outcome will be.

Peace.
Again, it's not about who voted. It's about why the others didn't. If Hoffa truly cared about this membership, he would go out of his way to win all of he members over. His only concern is:
Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen - YouTube