If Holiday Falls On Monday, No Overtime For Tuesday

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Just found out from a part timer, that Fedex no longer pays Tuesday - Saturday workers, if they work Tuesday after the Monday holiday.

Six people were forced to work. Anyone know the rationale for this decision?

Will this start happening for Monday - Friday workers, when the holiday falls on Friday and they work overtime on Saturday?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just found out from a part timer, that Fedex no longer pays Tuesday - Saturday workers, if they work Tuesday after the Monday holiday.

Six people were forced to work. Anyone know the rationale for this decision?

Will this start happening for Monday - Friday workers, when the holiday falls on Friday and they work overtime on Saturday?

The rationale? Screwing the employee to save money, the same rationale for everything they do for..TO us.

Lordtekk

Do you have the memo stating that ? The policy change ? Was it communicated ? Because I call B.S. on that. I have not heard nor has anything been communicated regarding that.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Yes I do. Actually it was supposed to start New Years Day. They found out when they got paid (supposed new coding).
Then again on Memorial Day and Labor Day.

So you mean this is local? Interesting.

fedexnyc

I have been with Express for 18 years with a tuesday to saturday work week and i have never gotten OT on the tuesday after a monday holiday.I worked last week after labor day.What i got was straight time and another day off to use within 90 days.

Lordtekk

I have been with Express for 18 years with a tuesday to saturday work week and i have never gotten OT on the tuesday after a monday holiday.I worked last week after labor day.What i got was straight time and another day off to use within 90 days.
Do you mark your time card as day off and do you enter it into your timecard as day off ? As far as I know you work on your day off you get OT and I've been here 24 years,rookie.:wink2:

Rhoderunner

Do you mark your time card as day off and do you enter it into your timecard as day off ? As far as I know you work on your day off you get OT and I've been here 24 years,rookie.:wink2:

Well he said he's Tue -Sat so working Tue would NOT be his day off now would it. :peaceful:

Damon77

I was T-S and they did this to me the week after Christmas. I was allowed to take another day (without pay) within 90 days. Would rather have had the OT.

SmithBarney

Well he said he's Tue -Sat so working Tue would NOT be his day off now would it. :peaceful:

Actually it would be a day off since tu-sat employees get the tu off after a Monday holiday.

This is all assuming tu-sat employee:
Lets be clear, you have to have signed up for extra hours to earn OT on that Tu, just like if you came in on a Monday(if you are tu-sa)
it would be OT, if they force you in on a Tue after a holiday(or any day you are scheduled off) it is OT.

Doesn't make $$ sense that they would want to give you a full 8 hours off, in order to save 4 hours of pay(half time)

For example:
If you work that Tuesday lets say 8 hours(non OT) and giving you 8 more of a random day off (16 total hours)
Versus
Just 8 hours of OT.(12 total hours)

Did I do my math right?

fedexnyc

Yes Tuesday was my holiday.My station was on a Monday schedule.i worked and didnt get time and a half.Got straight and another day of straight time later within 90 days.Just wondering if they were supposed to give me time and a half.Thanks everyone

SmithBarney

Yes Tuesday was my holiday.My station was on a Monday schedule.i worked and didnt get time and a half.Got straight and another day of straight time later within 90 days.Just wondering if they were supposed to give me time and a half.Thanks everyone
Did you check the box on your PPAD and time card? if not, then you won't get paid correctly, and nobody is going to check to make sure you did it right.