If I won the lottery this is how I'd quit UPS!

M

Mike23

Sorry Mike, I am not giving up my driving job to be no stinking mgr or sup. Not gonna happen. :peaceful:

lol, awww, not even for a few weeks just to dish it on the sups who've dished it onto you? Then you could just demote yourself after they all quit and keep on driving if you'd like :D

Hmm, heck, probably a few minutes until they all quit anyways. They'd look in the back of the car, cry and then quit.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
lol, awww, not even for a few weeks just to dish it on the sups who've dished it onto you? Then you could just demote yourself after they all quit and keep on driving if you'd like :D

Hmm, heck, probably a few minutes until they all quit anyways. They'd look in the back of the car, cry and then quit.

Although true, it's not worth the effort to argue with what management has become...a mouth piece for the powers that be. They'll get what they deserve in the end. I would just focus on living a less-stressed life and enjoying life to the fullest...JMHO

trouble maker

I would give my 2 week notice, then buy my beach front home on nantucket island. I would also give every teamster in the building I worked in a weeks paid vacation. Then of course I will go into the lottery witness protection agency, where your name is changed, along with your ss#.

Big Babooba

What I'd really do.
Right after the '97 strike a fellow driver and a good friend of mine died from lung cancer. He was well liked and respected by everybody. I would love to set up a scholarship fund in his memory for the child of any UPSer in our local. (John, I have not and will never forget you.
) And then I wouldn't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out.

M

Mike23

I would give my 2 week notice, then buy my beach front home on nantucket island. I would also give every teamster in the building I worked in a weeks paid vacation. Then of course I will go into the lottery witness protection agency, where your name is changed, along with your ss#.

Would the 1 week vacation all be for the same week for everyone? ;)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'd probably do the same stuff I do now except I'd invest more wisely. I'd stay at work till I'm 56 years old so I can retire with with 25 years in and draw some sort of pension. My weekends and vacations would be a little more fun.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hit the lottery jackpot just the other day. Like a fool I took the buck and invested in another scratch off ticket. If I did win big I would take the time to get everything in order before I took the crap on the CEO's desk. The thought of putting the package car on the ferry across Lake Michigan does sound appealing though.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Oh my a discussion I've had on many occassions.

my plan is to just keep coming to work just like every ther day except that I wouldn't care. I'd keep coming in and do my job at MY pace. Then one day when they would tell me I was doing this on top of that I would just hand the keys back to them and say, "No. Sorry, not today. See you tomorrow or the next day you have a minimal amount of work for me to do." If I were to end up quitting, my plan is to rent a kiosk in the mall just so i could sit and watch people. I wouldn't sell anything, just sit and watch people. And it would be perfectly legal since I pay rent and that would keep me from being arrested for loitering.

in the long run, i would probably be the same guy I am now, just with a much bigger garage and a crap load of cars. 1st on my list is a 1969 Mini Cooper S in perfectly mint condition.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One thing to remember about "revenge"...

Everybody gets what is coming to them, sooner or later.

We dont always have the satisfaction of being there to watch when it happens.

We seek revenge against those whom we resent because we feel that they have wronged us. The problem is, holding a resentment against someone is like swallowing poison and waiting for them to die.

The best "revenge"...is to stop giving them free space in your head. Give your notice, take the high road, and leave the right way....never to return.

P

pickup

LOL This outta be entertaining. If I won the lottery, I would not quit. I would stay just to be a PITA. :surprised:

well, you just proved you don't need to win the lottery to live a dream, from what you tell us, you are already considered a PITA in your center.

P

pickup

well, you just proved you don't need to win the lottery to live a dream, from what you tell us, you are already considered a PITA in your center.

a Perfectly Intelligent Transportation Associate, that is!:wink2:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
What I'd really do.

Right after the '97 strike a fellow driver and a good friend of mine died from lung cancer. He was well liked and respected by everybody. I would love to set up a scholarship fund in his memory for the child of any UPSer in our local. (John, I have not and will never forget you.) And then I wouldn't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out.
Awesome post, Big. I am sorry for your loss.

upsgrunt

Oh my a discussion I've had on many occassions.

my plan is to just keep coming to work just like every ther day except that I wouldn't care. I'd keep coming in and do my job at MY pace. Then one day when they would tell me I was doing this on top of that I would just hand the keys back to them and say, "No. Sorry, not today. See you tomorrow or the next day you have a minimal amount of work for me to do." If I were to end up quitting, my plan is to rent a kiosk in the mall just so i could sit and watch people. I wouldn't sell anything, just sit and watch people. And it would be perfectly legal since I pay rent and that would keep me from being arrested for loitering.

in the long run, i would probably be the same guy I am now, just with a much bigger garage and a crap load of cars. 1st on my list is a 1969 Mini Cooper S in perfectly mint condition.

I have a York peppermint patty from 1969.

It's in perfectly mint condition:happy2:

P

pickup

One thing to remember about "revenge"...

Everybody gets what is coming to them, sooner or later.

We dont always have the satisfaction of being there to watch when it happens.

We seek revenge against those whom we resent because we feel that they have wronged us. The problem is, holding a resentment against someone is like swallowing poison and waiting for them to die.

The best "revenge"...is to stop giving them free space in your head. Give your notice, take the high road, and leave the right way....never to return.

Great thoughts, soberups.

After reading this, I came up with an idea. I would focus on the management person who abuses his authority the most. I would then hire a private eye to find out details of his personal life and find out what is troubling him the most.. maybe he needs a new boiler, new car, or his kid needs special medical care. I would then provide the thing he lacks(materially that is). When he asks me why I did this in stunned suspicious gratitude. I will then tell him," I could have easily taken this amount of money and made your life miserable had I chosen to spend it differently. With that in mind , please take your resources and time on your job and instead of using them to make people miserable, see if you can do the opposite and help them(within the parameters of the leash he is on) if you can.'

Just a crazy idea.

As for two weeks notice, I would give them one week tops. For example, if I won on tuesday, friday night into saturday morning would be my last day. If ups choses to sever the employer employee relationship, they don't give two weeks notice, why should I ? And I am sorry, once the weekend comes, I would be in no mental condition to focus on driving come monday night. (no, I wouldn't be drunk, I would definitely have my mind on other things: like converting many of my many us dollars in gold , food and guns, before the inevitable collapse of the us dollar)

bigbrownhen

If we won the lottery, I would give the 2 weeks notice, and never look back. I would love to spend more time with my family, never send the little one to a sitter again, and hang out with my hubby doing whatever. My immediate family would have no worries.
Buy a nice chunk of land to hunt and fish, and be debt free. I would also like to do charity work at a school or hospital, and random good deeds like paying for someones groceries just because.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I would immediately contact Oscar Meyer and find out if I could drive that wiener mobile around the country, then I would take it to West Coast Customs -have it tricked out and a high performance engine put in.