If I won the lottery this is how I'd quit UPS!

christian c

I really think that the most rewarding and satisfying thing to do with all the money would be to give it all to charities and good causes. However, if it were me im afraid my greed would take over and i would forget my noble charity plans when i actually got the money.

P

pickup

If I won, I'd pay back the churches for all the money I stole from the poor boxes , thus keeping my mental promise " Dear god, when I win the lottery, I'm gonna pay it all back" .

And no, I didn't steal from the poor boxes, its a joke.

thessalonian13

i really think that the most rewarding and satisfying thing to do with all the money would be to give it all to charities and good causes. However, if it were me im afraid my greed would take over and i would forget my noble charity plans when i actually got the money.
i would fed ex my uniforms back to ups c.o.d.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I'd give my 2 weeks notice and work as usual but enjoy it more than usual. I'd have a beer with lunch. I'd wear a FedEx uniform one day. On my 3rd last day I'd sheet every delivery 3 or 4 times so I'd end up with 300 or 400 stops that day. On my 2nd last day I'd sheet up every delivery to the centre address. On my last day, I'd do my route completly backwards. Start with the pickups, first thing in the morning, then deliver the residential ground, then the buisnesses, then the savers, then the express around 4:00 in the afternoon.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Contact WKMAC.....He claims to have the wiener mobile parked in his garage, problem is Ron Jeremy comes with it....:wink2:

ick...mental image...mind cleansing going on...

okay...I am back...

I have read so many positive things...

All my stuff would be super secret undercover ...

I would establish a trust / foundation to assist co-workers in modifying their homes to become "adaptive friendly." Life can change on a dime and both those legs could stop working due to some event in a life.

Adaptive is the line between independence and dependency. Performing what seem like simple life functions. This could be the difference between living at home or needing to be in a place for recovery. Any family member...

And

I would purchase a luxury suite at a stadium. I would make it older adult, disability, handicap friendly. I would make it available for families to take a sports fan to a game in a controlled setting. All the excuses for not attending a game...bathroom waiting...stair climbing...privacy...crowds….the price of a ticket....

Call it "Make-A-Wish," think about it...when you are frail...you need to feel safe...when the bathroom calls…you go.

And I still would not quit UPS.

The only difference would be on the weekend. I would wear Christian Louboutin shoes...because I won the lottery and I can afford it!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
One thing to remember about "revenge"...

Everybody gets what is coming to them, sooner or later.

We dont always have the satisfaction of being there to watch when it happens.

We seek revenge against those whom we resent because we feel that they have wronged us. The problem is, holding a resentment against someone is like swallowing poison and waiting for them to die.

The best "revenge"...is to stop giving them free space in your head. Give your notice, take the high road, and leave the right way....never to return.
You are quite learned, my friend.:peaceful:

I would not tell a single person. I would hire a financial planner, and continue to work ( as directed of course)
Sounds like what I would do.

If I won the lottery, my first thing would be to give to people less fortunate than myself, especially homeless or parentless children. I would take care of the family that I am close to, especially the ones who are struggling and make sure that their children have an opportunity to go to college.

Then, I would buy all of the UPS stock I could get my hands on, with the intention of having a majority vote and hopefully a board seat. First, all of the old time UPSers who are here just to put more money in their pensions (already millionaires) would be forced to retire. I would then create a better atmosphere for both corporate, district and hub buildings. Grow the business and stop putting all of our money into UPSers who are already filthy rich and just being greedy. We got to bring UPS into the 21st century, and take advantage of technology. We are a classy company but are a little old fashion, we worry too much about our brand than doing what is right for our company and people. As a new UPSers, it is difficult at times to work in an environment where you have these old time UPSers who don't produce work, but make triple what you make and you will not be given an opportunity to make that amount of money because of budget cuts and lower pay brackets. We have got to get rid of dead weight or we will lose the talented younger generation who aren't defined by loyalty and commitment, but money.

After that, I would leave the country for a year and see all the places in the world that I have dreamed of. Once I return, just attend my board meetings and live off of my interest from the money I have left. :)
Would you then change the name to the GUPSTAPO?

Move over, Mother Teresa.......I'd go to Vegas and play the high end machines.
:happy2:

M

Mike23

One thing to remember about "revenge"...

Everybody gets what is coming to them, sooner or later.

We dont always have the satisfaction of being there to watch when it happens.

We seek revenge against those whom we resent because we feel that they have wronged us. The problem is, holding a resentment against someone is like swallowing poison and waiting for them to die.

The best "revenge"...is to stop giving them free space in your head. Give your notice, take the high road, and leave the right way....never to return.

That's why I said PETTY REVENGE, geez ;) You just can't beat petty revenge :D

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would stand out in front of the entrance on December 24th , and hand out coffee ,donuts and a $ 1000.00 to every one that had the balls to bang in for the day!! Then I would take them all to Vegas for Christmas !!! Unfortunatly,I don't think we could muster up enough guys with the sac to make it !!!!

Jigawatts

The day after I hit, I'd show up to work in a tuxedo. Never tell anyone why I was wearing a tuxedo. Load my trucks like I normally would then clock out for the last time.

Like others stated, I'd never tell anyone that I won. Just wait a few months to collect and begin a new life that's a little warmer and not as brown.:wink2:

P

pickup

ick...mental image...mind cleansing going on...

okay...I am back...

I have read so many positive things...

All my stuff would be super secret undercover ...

I would establish a trust / foundation to assist co-workers in modifying their homes to become "adaptive friendly." Life can change on a dime and both those legs could stop working due to some event in a life.

Adaptive is the line between independence and dependency. Performing what seem like simple life functions. This could be the difference between living at home or needing to be in a place for recovery. Any family member...

And

I would purchase a luxury suite at a stadium. I would make it older adult, disability, handicap friendly. I would make it available for families to take a sports fan to a game in a controlled setting. All the excuses for not attending a game...bathroom waiting...stair climbing...privacy...crowds….the price of a ticket....

Call it "Make-A-Wish," think about it...when you are frail...you need to feel safe...when the bathroom calls…you go.

And I still would not quit UPS.

The only difference would be on the weekend. I would wear Christian Louboutin shoes...because I won the lottery and I can afford it!!!

Don't get "CARRIEd" away with that shoe buying there miss sex and the city.

My thought on this,after winning the big lottery, is that there are 374 less fortunate drivers on my board at Cach. So on the first Saturday after winning I would have a real nice barbecue for the drivers and their families. And as we were sitting around I would hand out a check for $1,000,000 for each driver that would quit with me on Monday. Management says a trained monkey could do our job so I would let them find out how well that plan would work.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's why I said PETTY REVENGE, geez ;) You just can't beat petty revenge :D

Well, if we are only talking "petty" revenge....

For my own sick amusement, after retiring I would take a job as the security guard in our guard shack. I would wave the hourlys thru the chronically malfunctioning metal detector, but anyone in management would be getting wanded and poked and probed for whatever period of time I deemed necessary. And I would also have a framed copy of my final paycheck sitting there on the counter that I could point to and laugh at whenever I got any dirty looks from sups who didnt appreciate my sense of humor.:happy-very:

I'd give my 2 weeks notice and work as usual but enjoy it more than usual. I'd have a beer with lunch. I'd wear a FedEx uniform one day. On my 3rd last day I'd sheet every delivery 3 or 4 times so I'd end up with 300 or 400 stops that day. On my 2nd last day I'd sheet up every delivery to the centre address. On my last day, I'd do my route completly backwards. Start with the pickups, first thing in the morning, then deliver the residential ground, then the buisnesses, then the savers, then the express around 4:00 in the afternoon.
LOL!!!!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Its funny when people say they'll just go back to work like nothing happened.

I'm sure if you won something substantial the consequences of being a winner would consume your whole day. You would not have any energy (mental or physical) to deal with the daily rigors of a PC driver.

I think the hardest situation would be with family and how to be fair if you did want to share your good fortune.

Let me tell you from experience, when my Dad passed away several years ago he put me as executor of his estate and when family found this out, it pitted brother against brother,sister against sister,...etc. His assets were well over 6 figures and distributing it (even fairly) almost destroyed my family.

So, be careful what you wish for. Money will drive people to you and away from you (if they don't get any). Believe me, NO ONE will be satisfied with what they receive even as a gift and oooohhhhh....the sad stories from the unfortunate will test your faith.

M

Mike23

Its funny when people say they'll just go back to work like nothing happened.

I'm sure if you won something substantial the consequences of being a winner would consume your whole day. You would not have any energy (mental or physical) to deal with the daily rigors of a PC driver.

I think the hardest situation would be with family and how to be fair if you did want to share your good fortune.

Let me tell you from experience, when my Dad passed away several years ago he put me as executor of his estate and when family found this out, it pitted brother against brother,sister against sister,...etc. His assets were well over 6 figures and distributing it (even fairly) almost destroyed my family.

So, be careful what you wish for. Money will drive people to you and away from you (if they don't get any). Believe me, NO ONE will be satisfied with what they receive even as a gift and oooohhhhh....the sad stories from the unfortunate will test your faith.

It depends on the people. I have a friend whos father won $1 000 000. He bought a boat, bigger house for his kids (she's grown up and has her own apartment) and he's paying for university for all his kids. He was going to reimburse her for her university but when the recession hit he lost a lot of cash in the market.

She's not bitter and when someone asks her why she's still working she simply replies, 'My father won the lottery, not me. It's HIS money, not MINE'