If it's not broken,why fix it?

drewed

Shankman
I dont like this, i dont think im going to use this, it looks likes someones fiddled with the program a little, we need to delete the bots out and start anew, i was getting some weird (really weird responses from jim casey)

over9five

Staff member
Actually, Cheryl had said she was trying something to make the chat better. She also said it may take some time to work the bugs out, so be patient, better things are coming!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I was just in there chatting with the bot, he's a hoot! The chat room worked fine for me!!:wink2: In fact I saw when you came in but you did not respond, perhaps there is a computer glich of some sort.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Im gonna call the 1-800 number and tell them that some cretin is claiming to be Jim Casey

Hey DS I got the bot to tell me he lives in Vancouver, I gave him your address in Canada and he will be paying you a visit as soon as he makes the journey...LOL :happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just went in and tried to talk to "Jim Casey". He couldn't understand my name, it was funny trying to explain what "scratch" means in UPS speak. He only pops in when nobody else is in there.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The chat room...

In response to requests for a better way to draw attention to the chat room I installed a newer version of the chat software that had some extensions that looked promising. The chat software was still in beta and turned out to be a little buggy.

Last night DS complained that the new version of the chat room was "useless" so I uninstalled all of the updates and reverted back to the previous stable software version.

The chat software is working now but all this switching back and forth corrupted the flash cookies in my ancient laptop's internet explorer flash cache. Firefox didn't have any problems but ie kept coughing up a blank page so I had to clear my computer's flash cache.

If you're experiencing this kind of trouble with the chat try this:

1. Visit this link to clear your flash cache:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

2. Clear your browser cache:

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

3. Close all browser windows.

4. Open your browser and give the chatroom another try... this worked for me so hopefully it will work for you too.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I should add that the Jim Casey chat bot is currently set up to keep you company when there is only 1 person in the room. When a second real person enters the room Jim will log out.