If my birthday is during peak season...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Never heard of getting your birthday off.
I guess the leap day babies take a bad hit!

It all depends on your package/sort rider language. In so cal, we used to get our aniversary day off and our birthday off along with three (3) option days. In 1997, we changed out language and now we have 5 options days to take and no longer have birthdays or aniversary days. So, for instance, I take 6 weeks vacation plus one week of option days that can be taken as a week or INDIVIDUAL days off throughout the year.

396 Rules.

Peace.

Big Babooba

I'm a veteran also and yes I'll have that day off. It's like Columbus day they ask if anyone wants it off.

In the New England Supplement Columbus Day and Veterans Day are paid holidays. We used to get those days off while the rest of the country worked. The day after was a logistical nightmare. Imagine the building with an additional 8 - 24 foot vans and around 10 Econoline cube vans being loaded on the belts as well as 3 trailers being loaded in the aisles! The company decided to work us instead. It probably made more sense to them to pay the time and a half for all hours worked plus the holiday pay han to disrupt the operation anymore. I'd rather have the day off too.