if no, then what?

undies

My view, and in this order:

1) Protect my current health care and the part timers healthcare.

2) Better pay for part timers, and an option to decline healthcare for a better hourly wage.

3) They can keep the raise if they give me 1 and 2.

Exactly. I'd gladly give up a raise just to keep the benefits I have now.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Exactly. I'd gladly give up a raise just to keep the benefits I have now.
Hell no! 4 billion profit in a quarter. Should be a dollar an hr for the 5 yrs. Now that the union is taking over the health care. Will the CS plan be the same as Upstate Ny? As stated many other times. Blue cross blue shield is very good insurance

If the TA is voted down.

HIf the TA is voted down. What would the members want. Healthcare ironed out or other issues. I still think we have the company by the balls with them taking us off company plans. Even members that aren't affected by this still can sweeten the deal. What am I talking about is, better pay. Healthcare is going to be a up hill battle. Even if we could win the healthcare battle. It would last five years. Then we would be asking for the same thing. And we probably would lose and struggle to ge great pay raises. We are the last of the working class that doesn't pay for healthcare. How long do you think this will last. If we have to pay then they will have to pay us in better raises. We need 3% percent raises again. So let's be smart here, and lets fight for something better that we all can be proud of. VOTE NO!!

sigreq

I agree w east coast though. I mean ok we win the healthcare battle this time. How long do you really think we're gonna keep winning it? We have to be realistic about it

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Re: If the TA is voted down.

I'm voting no because they still haven't explained the insurance to us yet. And the Nov. 1st extension seals my no vote. I'm not voting yes on something without knowing what it's going to do for me. That is the height of stupidity IMHO.

anonymous4

It's all right I can take the heat.

I don't disagree with you. I am a no based on principal. Is this contract sub-par with too many concessions? Absolutely. Too many unknowns and possible bad scenarios. This sets a very poor precedent for the next contract. Profits = overall concession leaning contract, lack of profits = ?

Not that union employees in general are motivated to do more than the already enormous workload in front of them, but seeing this while in the green makes me want to say **** it that much more. Hard work = no reward negotiated by our union, which no matter the UPS business model, can't be a good thing long-term.

iowa boy

I'm voting no because they still haven't explained the insurance to us yet. And the Nov. 1st extension seals my no vote. I'm not voting yes on something without knowing what it's going to do for me. That is the height of stupidity IMHO.

One of my reasons for voting no.

When I can't look up the provider network to even see if my family doctor is covered by this new insurance or look up my dentist to see if he is covered it makes it real hard for me to accept this and vote for it.

sigreq

I don't know why we're all screaming pay raises and all that jive. I'd gladly keep the contract just like it is now as far as the pay per hour and the benefits. I mean are we supposed to get a 5 dollar raise every contract which is what I'm thinking some of you expect. As long as the company is making money that's great but we have got to acknowledge the competition and realize we have to stay competitive. And our competition is paying in peanuts and undercutting the hell out of us. Woof

I don't know why we're all screaming pay raises and all that jive. I'd gladly keep the contract just like it is now as far as the pay per hour and the benefits. I mean are we supposed to get a 5 dollar raise every contract which is what I'm thinking some of you expect. As long as the company is making money that's great but we have got to acknowledge the competition and realize we have to stay competitive. And our competition is paying in peanuts and undercutting the hell out of us. Woof
You should have read what I send about GM.

What happens if a supplement passes but the National Master fails?
The supplements lockes in and the IBT and the company go back to the table. If it doesn't get worked out. Then strike. My opinion if voted down the next Master TA would not get voted down. Neither side wants a strike so to me the TA is the first offer to the members. If you were negotiating for a car would you take the first offer. I didn't think so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The supplements lockes in and the IBT and the company go back to the table. If it doesn't get worked out. Then strike. My opinion if voted down the next Master TA would not get voted down. Neither side wants a strike so to me the TA is the first offer to the members. If you were negotiating for a car would you take the first offer. I didn't think so.

There is always the possibility of both sides agreeing to continue to work beyond 8/1 under the current contract.