IF the contract is voted down, what issues do you think will be addressed?

teamsterdan

first off i don't think you go from TA being voted down by the membership to "strike"....... and regardless of "who"; no other company in the bid'ness could handle our volume overnite or even in 6 months for that matter.......we are the 800 lb gorilla and eventually the cream rises to the top which is wtf the company is and has always been SUCCESSFUL for everyone.....and when the membership speaks they (UPS) will know we want a "fair" shake and not rock the boat by playing games.......I mentioned at the beginning of this that perhaps Hoffa had faith in the membership to be able to recognize a less than stellar offer BUT in good faith agreed to let us vote "knowing" we'd vote it down and use our NO vote as an ace in the hole so to speak..........as far as the issue i need addressed is strictly monetary......... .85 .90 $1.00 $1.15 $1.25 address the concerns of my union brothers and sisters and i will vote yes

Last edited:

brown_trousers

I really wish all the persons who voted yes (including the driver that delivers to me) would open their eyes and READ.. I had a delivery yesterday, I spoke to the driver and asked his opinion on the contract. He said well I hope it passes.. I said " do you realized if this passes, drivers who are injured like me, and are unable to do their job, will no longer be able to seek a settlement from the company, and be offered a part time job if available, and work that job, and if your lucky enough to recover, IF your prior job is available you can have it back, you have 3 years to become well enough to do your former job."

I would love to put in 25 years FT, then get a convienent injury, and go back to part-time for the rest of my career. I would retain my healthcare, be at part-time top rate ($28), and be able to bid into an easy part-time position. More time with the family. Understood that their would be a bit of a drop off in pension, but compIetely worth it to me, to glide through my last few years with a bunch of free time and not working my body to the grave 10+ hrs a day

brown_trousers

first off i don't think you go from TA being voted down by the membership to "strike"....... and regardless of "who"; no other company in the bid'ness could handle our volume overnite or even in 6 months for that matter.......we are the 800 lb gorilla and eventually the cream rises to the top which is wtf the company is and has always been SUCCESSFUL for everyone.....and when the membership speaks they (UPS) will know we want a "fair" shake and not rock the boat by playing games.......I mentioned at the beginning of this that perhaps Hoffa had faith in the membership to be able to recognize a less than stellar offer BUT in good faith agreed to let us vote "knowing" we'd vote it down and use our NO vote as an ace in the hole so to speak..........as far as the issue i need addressed is strictly monetary......... .85 .90 $1.00 $1.15 $1.25 address the concerns of my union brothers and sisters and i will vote yes

I agree about the raises, at least for part-timers! They need just one good contract of raises to catch them up with inflation

On the FT side, wages have more than kept up with inflation over the last 20 years. But on the PT side, there has been a drastic pay-cut based on inflation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the contract is voted down UPS will most likely not be able to recover from this. I was here when we went on strike in the 90's and around that time customers don't have a choice because RPS, airborne and FedEx were not equipped to handle our volume so we do have a huge leverage. Fast forward it to now. FedEx for example is ready to take all of it. That is one reality that we need to deal with.

BUT to answer the question.... Health care is first. And the 9.5 language should be changed to automatic triple pay past 9.5, this will stop this for real. No need to 'opt in' ... Everyone should be 'In' and if they don't want to they can 'opt out' I think we have it on Reverse all along

I can promise u FedEx is in no position to take ALL of our volume. They would be overwhelmed big time.

40 and out

I will be so gr8ful when this contract is ratified on the 22nd and these trolls disappear.
You'll have to wait longer than the 22nd. Our ballots don't have to be returned til the 26th due to 1st ballot screw-up. So you're looking at probably the 1st week of of
July and you COULD BE WRONG AGAIN THEN.

oldupsman

It was not net ... it was after tax.
This has been discussed ad nauseum so go look it up ... it'll stick better that way.
​Regardless, UPS made a good profit with which they pay dividends, deferred compensation, Capital Expenditures, etc.

I stand corrected Hoax. I'll be the first to admit you would know that better than I. But we sure aren't close to going broke.

browned_out

Lets not forget the stock price which is at $86 a share, if the TA is voted down how will that affect the stock?? Might light a fire under there (UPS) ass to get something done quickly.

teamsterdan

as i have said before and will continue to say the p/t ers neither deserve or are entitled to ANYTHING.... UPS can get away with getting plenty of "us" through the door if "YOU" are not able to find a better way to make more than $10 an hr you probably are not worth it......

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can promise u FedEx is in no position to take ALL of our volume. They would be overwhelmed big time.

They wouldnt have to take it all, even if they poached just a portion of our volume, it could result in many many layoffs for us.

But that's not what NI1 said. They said FedEx is ready to handle all of our volume. Which I can assure u is not the case. If FedEx tried to take on all of our volume it would be a massive failure.

ymelord

A) We were told Over the last 10 years they would Make so many 22.3 jobs, never happened. So all the Part Timer Got stacked up, When they never made 10k worth of 22.3. UPS and are Union Signed a contract stating that it would happen. do you go around breaking contracts? So to say they were told what they we're in for when they started was a lie. Look at the line of teamsters behind you waiting for their chance, are you really going to tell them "sorry i'm not going to fight as hard for you, as other teamsters did for me"?

B)Why should it change? is UPS losing money hand over fist? Have they been loosing volume? only thing that's has been lost is workers rights. They made 4 billion in profit last year. our Health Care Coverage was taken care of and then they still made 4.8 BILLION. The Company is doing better over all, sitting on 53 Billion in extra cash. You state that we have better coverage then most people, well does UPS have a better yearly profit then most company's?

I get it, your happy to have a job when so many other people don't, your happy you can pay your bills and have a little left over, But at some point it has to be about the masses. e pluribus Unum = Out of many comes one. Teamster are already hurting, is UPS hurting with 4.8 BILLON in pure profit?

Pertaining 22.3 quotas, I wish we didn't have quotas at all, with that being said it doesn't surprise me UPS broke their promise. If we would fight to keep part timers starting pay at a fair rate, UPS would create 22.3 jobs because it would be cheaper to have 1 employee than two doing the same work. Don't need quotas, don't need sups working, don't need drivers working excessive over time, unless they wants it, force UPS to stop this, and they will have to hire the correct work force, which is what we should all want.

brown_trousers

as i have said before and will continue to say the p/t ers neither deserve or are entitled to ANYTHING.... UPS can get away with getting plenty of "us" through the door if "YOU" are not able to find a better way to make more than $10 an hr you probably are not worth it......

It seems that you percieve your fellow human beings working PT here at UPS as worthless! Why do you even take time to post on this forum with all of us lower forms of life?

ogrelord

Ground Down

Really that's what you think of brotherhood? it's hard not to be negative with such a selfish post, but lets try this spin. What your really saying teamsterdan is that everyone needs to be 22.3 or a driver and make topped out wages across the board and do away with all part timers?

Cause if you read it the other way: all the people who help me get my job don't matter one bit, sounds really messed up

ymelord

UPS can easily pay two to three dollars more a hour more to hire a good part time work force. As a driver, I have seen the quality of my loads get dramatically worse. The time I waste delivering misloads, finding pkgs, and sorting, at my overtime wage, easily covers their wage increase. Pay them so they want to do a good job, and keep their job.

teamsterdan

just show me some evidence that there are not "easier" ways to make $10 an hr, then to deal with the kinda BS we do?????? in YOUR state ( WA) min wage in $9.19 correct????? UPS could easily fix loading issues by actually TRAINING them to do it correctly.....mgt. has zero respect for "labor" yes anyone can load pkg cars but with everything there are tricks of the trade and experience goes a long way....IF I"M UPS and i can keep them coming in the door @ $8.50 wtf would I pay em more?????

Last edited: