If UPS Did Offer a Buyout....

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If you retire before next contract, you would not have the UPS plan. You have to work under plan to be included in the security of it.

By the next contract. I really believe UPS is going to go for broke. To try to dump the union. Unless Hoffa and Hall are still there. Cause those guys gave them the meat and potatoes. And, no one bothers to vote

3 done 3 to go

If Hoffa or hall run the sheeple will vote them back. Only cause they are un informed. 90% on here have a good idea of who not to follow. Some days I feel like we are led by lemmings. Oh look a cliff. The company has made the correct adjustments. Over the yrs. The union only knows how to make a fist for a picture. Not like Hoffa ever used his. Callas free baby hands

3 done 3 to go

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theclevelandfan.com%2Fimages%2Fstories%2FSour-Grapes-Central.jpg&friend=1

Just kidding, I hate the way it went down too.

They were the only local to see the contract for what it was. The rest left them hanging like grapes. I feel sorry for the guys whose vote didn't matter

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There also comes a time for them to earn it themselves. You can only do what you can. You do realize you wont be?
Amen I don't even have kids and I know the ones whose parents would "give up everything for them to have whatever they want to make them happy" are usually spoiled asshats.

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess I love mine more than you love yours. I would sacrifice most anything to make sure they have a better life than me.

When you follow the "give em a better life than me" program too much you can easily end up with lazy kids who will be living in your basement when they are 40.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I love mine more than you love yours. I would sacrifice most anything to make sure they have a better life than me.

As do I which is why I took 8 loans from my 401k while they were going through college. The plan allows you to have 2 loans active at the same time so as soon as one was paid off I took out another. All of the loans have long been paid off and my balance has more than rebounded. My point is I still had 5-10 years to go while they were in school and knew that I had ample time to help them and make sure my 401k was where it needed to be. If I were within 5 years of retirement I would have been more hesitant to help.

There also comes a time for them to earn it themselves. You can only do what you can. You do realize you wont be?

My ex and I agreed to split their first year of school 50/50. The remaining years were all split in equal thirds. Anything beyond their first 4 years was on their dime. My daughter followed the plan and graduated with about $20K in student loan debt. My son did not follow the plan (partied way too much) and as such he paid for everything himself, graduating with an MBA and $73K in student loan debt.

Amen I don't even have kids and I know the ones whose parents would "give up everything for them to have whatever they want to make them happy" are usually spoiled asshats.

There is something to be said for having to work for something rather than having it handed to you.

We got a $2000 check last month from my oldest kid along with a note thanking us for all we've done to help her succeed. She told us it was to go towards her college debt.
It's the second time she's surprised us with a check in the mail. We didn't ask for it, nor did we expect it. I don't think "spoiled" is the word to describe her at all.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We got a $2000 check last month from my oldest kid along with a note thanking us for all we've done to help her succeed. She told us it was to go towards her college debt.
It's the second time she's surprised us with a check in the mail. We didn't ask for it, nor did we expect it. I don't think "spoiled" is the word to describe her at all.
You carry her college debt?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hold on to the check and set up a 529 for your first grandchild.