If we REALLY mattered that much as drivers...

ManInBrown

I am 52 and been here over 26 years, and I agree with him. As a matter a fact, plenty of guys at my building feel the same way, as we have discussed some of these topics. I tell my wife at least once a week, the crap we have to put up with isn't worth the pay. If i was a single guy, I would have left a long time ago.
Most of the people on here haven't been around long enough to know how things used to be, so they have nothing to compare to. I can remember plenty of managers that used to pick up BBQ and beer on Friday, and tell everyone thank you. No, we didn't drink the beer or eat the food on company property, but it sure made a difference in morale, with a simple thank you and a little reward. All this company does anymore is tell everyone in the A.M. Meeting what a bad job we are doing. Always focus on negativity, never a thank you, NEVER. Yup, I am bitter, and they can Suck it.
I respectfully disagree. I couldn't care less that I don't get a "thank you" or "good job"
My paycheck is my thank you.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
A supervisor thanked me once, and I told him: " I don't know how to respond to that. I've been here for decades and no one has ever thanked me before."

It was mildly rude, but needed to be said.

Foamer Pyle

Yeah I've been here over 20 years too and I'm not bitter. Why? Because I'm responsible for how I let things affect me. If it's this bad for you then learn how to deal with it so it doesn't affect you in a negative way.

I remember the good days but they're probably not coming back. It's been like that since going public. Will it change? Maybe. Can you individually do anything about the BS and negativity? Probably not. But you can learn to not let it eat you up or they've won. They control your emotions and they're renting space in your head when you let that happen.

Maybe it's time to retire or if you can't, figure out a better way to handle it. Otherwise, you'll end up miserable to the point that it could wreck other parts of your life.

It's a game and after 26 years, you should know how to play it. Play it to survive.
I don't know if it's a game, but UPS is a workplace like no where else, that's for sure. Management treats most folks with no respect, so they get little to none from me, it's a two way street. I will be out the door as soon as the clock ticks 30. Sure, many other work places have stress, but I don't see the employees being treated like we are, and I shouldn't have to accept managements mistreatment of others or myself. This company will implode at some point, if they don't make some kind of attempt to change.
Anyway, I agree with his post, and can appreciate your response, we are all wired differently.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Good point.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1447633381.800374.jpg