If we REALLY mattered that much as drivers...

BrownThunder

I have worked way too hard to get here and complain.

But...

Can a brother get a f_cking jacket in less than 3 1/2 weeks. Guess I'm the only one who notices it's winter

BrownThunder

I have a helper jacket, the sleeves are kind of short but I figured it was designed that way for better package handling. It's not as insulated as Id like, but it was new and It'll do for the time being.

Still... Shouldn't take a month for a jacket to reach the hands of a driver.

jr32bad

Do your job
Mouth shut ears open
Get thick skin because management is number driven
They don't care if you go or stay
How easy is it to find a job making 100 grand a year delivering boxes no college needed
Good luck every one here has horror stories

CleverNameHere

Another idea.......though it's not all mine I saw it posted elsewhere in a thread dealing with another subject but anyway. Make 8 hour days across the board instead of loading up some of these routes 10-12 hours. This would not only bring a kind of much-needed punishment down upon the clock milkers who make management want to pi-s all over us hourlies as a whole, but it would help us lower seniority guys like myself, who might get up and arms and whine every now and then after a tough day but ultimately WANT and NEED to work. One of many things I don't understand about this company, the distribution of work. Wouldn't it cost the same to work every driver who showed up on time and ready that day, and create shorter days for the older ones who either are slugs or just very tired and could maybe even deal with a slightly less than 8 hour day? I think a huge problem is fellow teamsters taking the p-ssing and moaning too far. If everyone could just show up and work an 8 hour day, give or take a a bit of time on some routes, we would all fare better. Much better service to customers as well, less stress on management about numbers... What would be so bad about putting more drivers on road, if they all hit 9 hours at the very most?? Would it really cost that much more friggin money??

CleverNameHere

Last thought for now... Try being an Article 22.3 or any non-driver FT employee and see what happens if you ask or even think about trying to get overtime. I remember working inside there would be a full blown mess going on but "All full-timers off the clock!!" You could practically hear a whip cracking. Why, in the most physically exhausting position in the company, do we once more have to be an exception? Not saying we should be coddled, point was mainly if everyone was dispatched less, everyone could work. Yeah overtimes nice... I'd rather have 40 hours than the 20 or so I'm currently getting though. While I'm looking at the sheet in the mornings and seeing more than a handful of guys out 11-12 hours still. Divide the work better!!!!

Raw

Raw Member
Its venting, and to say we all should have expected our work enviorement to turn into what it is now is wrong. Yes, the money is good, but the odds of new drivers making it 30 yrs and having their bodies hold up is slim. Thats like saying management should have expected to lose their pension , spousal health care, and mip . Silly argument
With the automatic transmission in pkg cars and the lower steps our bodies will last much longer! With stops already in diad the job is lots easier now !